Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Conference in Dusseldorf… stay in Cologne, best flight option is..
  • rickmeister

Question for the Euro business traveller bods…
    Conference in Dusseldorf Messe and due to availability / Pricing, accommodation is booked in Cologne… which is better to fly in and out of….

Any thoughts please….

jambalaya
    Free Member

I would book based on what time you will need to arrive / leave. A late night transfer from airport to hotel / conference venue for way home will be a bore / hassle. Only used Dusseldorf airport but it worked well.

stumpy01

Our German HQ is based in Aachen, so we will fly into Cologne or Duesseldorf wherever we get the best flight prices at the time.

Not much in it between the two really, although we get picked up at the airport and driven to work/hotel so there’s very little inconvenience.

How would you be getting from the airport to the accommodation/conference?
    If getting the train there is a station in Duesseldorf airport; I am not sure if there is at Cologne.

I think there are a few more shops and place to get some food and a drink, but if feels a lot busier than Cologne. Cologne feels like quite a relaxed airport.

Probably not much help, but it’s probably 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

rickmeister

Thanks folks.. helped the thinking there.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Zum Uerige in Allstadt Dusseldorf for beer. Just sayin.

allthegear
    Free Member

German Wings Stanstead into Cologne always used to be pretty good when I had to visit Limburg.

Rachel

5lab

depending on where you are in the UK, train might be just as quick and slightly less unpleasant

squirrelking
    Free Member

Train to Germany? No way as quick.

As for inter city, yes there is a train station in Cologne/Bonn airport, both lines will take you to the hbf (main station) for any connections. You will need cash though as the machines don’t accept our cards (or a FairFX master card at any rate) there is a machine at the Eurowings check in desks .and make sure you stamp your ticket in the orange box at the platform entrance before boarding if applicable (usually just the S Bahn this applies to).

Sui
    Free Member

The areas around Dusseldorf are a right pain, there always seems to be some kind of Expo on. You could look to stay around Monchengladbach which is about 20-30 min drive from Dusseldorf, it’s closer and means you can go in/out of Dusseldorf as opposed to Cologne, which incidentally is further than you think and a pain in the arris..

peteimpreza

Schumachers for beer in Dusseldorf

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Conference in Dusseldorf… stay in Cologne, best flight option is..’ is closed to new replies.