Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Condor Bikes
  • Amos
    Free Member

Fallen in love with Condor bikes! They just seem to do what they do well, realise I should be asking this on a road bike or fixie forum but just wondering what they are really like? anyone own one? I'm looking at the steel one's, in particular the Acciaio just looking for peoples experiences really!

stu_d
    Free Member

yeah I've got a pista and a leggero from them. Some people find the staff a little aloof but I was pleasantly surprised with the staff I dealt with and they had decent knowledge. The bikes were set up perfectly too.

tails
    Free Member

I went in there on saturday just for a look around. The staff sounded first rate, and judging by the amount of people in there and people bringing bikes down Grays Inn Road they are very good. Plus great presentation.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Got the fratello, love it, its my commuter. Its hard to find fault with it really. Its quite heavy but the rear is built to take a rack and it has guards so the Acciaio should be a fair bit lighter.

Out of all my bikes I ever owned I reckon this is a keeper:

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Great service, spent an hour talking to Conrad about cross bikes, the guy can race and knows his stuff. Only thing that put me off it their top tube shape which is purely a personnel decision based on aesthetics.

Surfr
    Free Member

Had an '07 Italia which was great but I sold it on to buy a new MTB frame. Would happily own another though.

slugwash
    Free Member

I've had my filet-brazed, Columbus tubed Condor Diablo for the best part of nineteen years and love it. The fact that it was (almost certainly) made for Condor by the workshop of Dave Yates gives it double retro-steeltastic, handmade in Britain points 😉 I think that the newer Condors may be made elsewhere though…..

Amos
    Free Member

Visited Condor Cycles today, nice shop and plenty of food for thought! There certainly is some eye candy in there

allthepies
    Free Member

Mmmm, just round the corner from office location, must pop in there one lunchtime to drool/stroke 😉

flip
    Free Member

Hey Penrod,

Which Campagnolo groupset is that?

Kuco

Penrod pooch nice bike 🙂

fingerbike
    Free Member

Another Condor Fratello owner here, bought a used 60th anniversary, not had it long but it's lovely, definitely a keeper..

Raouligan
    Free Member

Fratello owner, not bad actually I wouldn't go SRAM again though the shifter system is just weird, I'd be tempted to hang on for an accaciao as they may go to production of that gorgeous 1/8th to 1/2" head tube that they proto-ed recently rather than the gash weld/brazed hiddenset cups they have now.

It's the one part of the biek that I really can't live with at all, it needs to be a conventional headset or not at all, lovely bike though apart from that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Condor Bikes’ is closed to new replies.