Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • conditions on the A66, andthe road to kirroughtree please.
  • ton

has anyone been on the a66 today, or driven the road from the motorway past dumfries.
    conditions please.

Smee
    Free Member

A75 is clear.

karnali
    Free Member

a66 workington to cockermouth clear and fine, as will be the one from penrith to keswick don't know about further east.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Ton – snowing again here now – at Scotch Corner the motorway is down to one lane already.

Trekster

Road clear from Carlisle to Dumfries tonight, -3, just arrived home from daughters. Been down in Carlisle for 2 days and it looks like the roads have had a dusting of snow. Road from Gretna tends to be kept clear, main Euro route from Stranraer.
    Forecast looks crap for next 3/4days

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

it has started snowing in castle douglas like just now

ton

can i be as rude to ask if any of you guys near all the south stain would post the conditions in the morning.
    supposed to be heading up with the family for 3 days.

cheers all

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

NOT BEEN OUT BUT METLTED THEN FROZEN SNOW NOW SNOWING FORECAST TO SNOW RAIN FREEZE SLEET SUNNY OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS .CAN YOU RIDE AT ANY OF THE STANES ? YES BUT IT WILL BE INTERESTING KIRROUGTREE WOULD BE BEST DALBEATIE HAS DIVERSIONS AND LOTS OF ICED ROCK. THE SLEDGING WILL BE GREAT TOMORROW ON THE GOLF COUSRE HILL IN CASTLE DOUGLAS

Smee
    Free Member

Ton – you will get to Inners or GT, but they will not be rideable.

Trekster

Snowing in Dumfries now, been about 2in since 10pm.

Can update @ 6ish. Working then 😕

ton

Trekster

thanks mate……and the rest of you.. 8)

Trekster

Update.
    On my short commute and some info from a workmate from Kirkudbright.

The road from Dumfries through to Newton Stewart is passable with care atm. there are pathches of slushy snow here and there and the road is narrowed due to last nights snow and not much traffic having been on it so far.
    Dumfries bypass roundabouts should be approached with caution.
    Roads off the main A75 will be badly affected I would imagine.

Beware the Irish lorries heading South 👿 ❗

Good news is it seems to be thawing a bit, "only 0deg C" on my way in at 5.30.and car was not frozen. Forecast however is for rain/snow for the next few days tho.

Trekster

Update 2
    nasty fog has descended upon us 🙄

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘conditions on the A66, andthe road to kirroughtree please.’ is closed to new replies.