Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Conditions in Peak
  • liquid1000
    Free Member

Thinking of a ride over there tomorrow, anyone been out?

grizzer
    Free Member

If its anything like it was on thursday dont bother unless you like pushing your bike through 6' snow drifts!

gregs891
    Free Member

been out today in car to have a look its no good too much snow

twang
    Free Member

Any updates on this? (ready for a blast myself…!)

the-muffin-man

Can't say for the Dark Peak, but its been raining pretty much all day in the Matlock area and the snow has pretty much all gone. Its is very, very muddy now though!!!

greyhound
    Free Member

Yeah I kind of fancied a blast around Hope tomorrow but from all accounts so far sounds a bad bet

crazy-legs

All gone at low level, there's a LOT of meltwater thundering through the weirs at the back of mine at the moment.
    I'd imagine there's still a bit on the higher ground in places but it's been raining most of today.

(Hayfield area BTW…)

BadlyWiredDog

There's some special deep slush on a lot of the higher tracks, anything sunken or alongside a wall where it's drifted – above Hayfield, but I reckon elsewhere in the Dark Peak as well. And some captivating sheet ice in places, Linnet Clough near Marple Bridge, is a stream of slick white ice at the moment. Would be great if it goes sub-zero and you have ice tyres…

Given the amount of snow there was drifted on the Jacob's Ladder/Edale Cross Bridleway and the Roych Clough track last week, I'd be giving both those a miss as well. Oh, and someone was saying on Twitter that Winnats is single lane at the moment because of an avalanche.

I think it'll be hard going tomorrow unless you particularly like knee-deep slush :-/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Conditions in Peak’ is closed to new replies.