Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Conditions at Cannock – rideable?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

What's FTD like, are the trails rideable? Thinking of taking the SS up there for a blast as all high ground in Shropshire is a write-off at the moment and the gears on my FS are frozen!

postierich
    Free Member

Cannock Chase is frozen apart from the hills that get a bit of sun,take care on the firetrails as they are like ice rinks with snow lying on top, you will not know untill the last minute!

Mighty fine on the SS 32:18 for grip sat in the saddle.

Rich

WhiteRanker
    Free Member

Been up this morning and it was fine, plenty of grip in most places. Only did a couple of sections of FTD but the ones i did were all good.

If your heading away from FTD and towards Brocton watch out for the river by the stepping stones, for the first time ever i can remember its frozen solid. I expected a mm or two of ice on top and went to plough through it……not a wise move!

phiiiiil

It was superb fun blasting through hub-deep drifts on my way home from work the last couple of nights… 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Snakebite got stuck/stopped halfway through the Stepping Stones last night. Ive never seen it frozen right over before.

WhiteRanker
    Free Member

Snakebite got stuck/stopped halfway through the Stepping Stones last night. Ive never seen it frozen right over before.

Ha ha ha, must be a fat **** 😉

I did notice at the last min that the ice looked broken hence me trying to ride through, turns out it was solid and i just made it back to dry land after sliding about 5 foot onto the river.

clunker

Bloody cold the other night, few of the guys had some rather nasty offs.

scruff
    Free Member

Yes, he is a right fat ****.

snakebite
    Free Member

i didnt get wet feet though……unlike St in his summer Helly Hansen skate shoes who tried to follow me. Shimano winter boots…..

phiiiiil

It is a bit deep in places…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Conditions at Cannock – rideable?’ is closed to new replies.