Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Conditions at Cannock
  • hilton83
    Free Member

As above, I was in the peaks yesterday and there wasn’t much riding to be done, basically took my bike for a walk, fancy Cannock tomorrow but won’t bother if its in bad shape

iain1775
    Free Member

Trails and stile Cop officially closed, even if you tried you wouldn’t get much riding done

pop-larkin
    Free Member

We went cheeky this morning and did a couple of hours

Tough going in places but still worth riding

tazzymtb

even if you tried you wouldn’t get much riding done

you can get lots done, have a laugh and learn some new bike handling skills *wanders off muttering about the mountain bike riders these days and their fear of a bit of snow/mud/anything that involves a some of commitment and the willingness to just get out regardless of weather conditons*

mulv1976
    Free Member

It’s pretty desperate up there at the moment. It’s better when it’s freezing as at least the ground is hard. I found it hard work today. Good to get out, but after three hours of slipping and sliding, walking through snow drifts and getting covered in filth, I’d had enough. AND the pine cafe closed at 1pm!!!

ste1284
    Free Member

Even though the trails are ‘officially’ closed, there is nothing to actually stop you riding trails. Right???

LMT
    Free Member

It is offically closed, but yep you could ride it, ruining all the hard work the volunteers do to keep the trails running for us. Some people forget cannock isn’t funded that much, yes it has sponsorship but it relies on volunteers to maintain and repair the trails, if there is snow etc causing the trail to degrade. Long term means sections will be closed then the moaning is why is half of ftd or monkey closed again, well we know why.

rOcKeTdOg

Even though the trails are ‘officially’ closed, there is nothing to actually stop you riding trails. Right???

this…

It is offically closed, but yep you could ride it, ruining all the hard work the volunteers do to keep the trails running for us

don’t ruin it for everyone else and cost ££ in the process

tazzymtb

don’t ruin it for everyone else and cost ££ in the process

to be fair it’s all armoured to fk to cope with the hoards of folk that use it when is soaking wet which does far more damage to the trail than a few folk riding in snow 😀

not that it effects me as I leave all that trail mincer stuff and play in our lovely cheeky sneaky trails 😛

mulv1976
    Free Member

We steered clear of the marked trails but it doesn’t help when people put branches across old trails. We tried to do the old ftd trail above and adjacent to the fair oak pools today and couldn’t because of this. I doubt the forestry commission would be doing it so who is it?

rOcKeTdOg

Chase trails website & facebook say different, braking bumps appear in the rain/dry so snow and ice will olay havoc with the sandy soil, armored or not

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Mulv- tazzy and I moved all that 2 weeks ago so it’s someone who gets a kick of spoiling others fun especially as there is fire road only 10 yards away 👿

mulv1976
    Free Member

It must take them ages – it was all along the trail not just one bit. We are going to go and clear it all when the weather improves a bit.

Scamper
    Free Member

That area was thinned out recently so was more brash than normal. a lot of the brashing in that area is FC as well as Stickman.

iain1775
    Free Member

Ha Tazzy your aiming that jibe at the wrong person
    I’m perfectly happy to go out in snow, and can handle a bike in snow, I find it a hell of a lot of fun
    I just don’t see the point of slogging round a trail centre full of the stuff, defeats the object of a trail centre in my opinion, if you want to have that sort of snow experience do it ‘in the wild’ rather than as others have stated potentially ruining man made heavily trafficked trails that have been volunteer built especially when advice from those same trail builders and the land owners is to stay away

And the brushing above the pools is FC they don’t want you riding that section as the area between there and BV is heavily used by families and walkers, they would prefer to keep us seperate hence the trail being moved over to Tackeroo
    Feel free to move it and potentially ruin relationships and future funding etc though….

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Iain- are you sure onthe brushing by the fishponds – it didn’t look FC style at all- they usually do a good job of blocking the start and finish as opposed to a few branches avert 5 yards or so in my experience

tazzymtb

Ha Tazzy your aiming that jibe at the wrong person

wasn’t aiming it anyone in particular, but you can have it for free it you’d like

Feel free to move it and potentially ruin relationships and future funding etc though….

oh I shall, or even better sue the FC for leaving dangerous obstructions on a well know trail without closing the entry and exit points, therefore implying that the trail is open….they’d better get their cheque book out 😀

Edit: would love to see the risk assessment as FC are far more savvy than that. Where they block trails they do it properly at start finish. Not some half arsed can we injure a rider booby trap stick man effort that’s been going on recently.

Would you like a hand getting back on your high horse?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

not that it effects me as I leave all that trail mincer stuff

Swoon.

tazzymtb

Swoon.

I’ll sign autographs later and if you’re lucky may actually let you touch me to absorb some of my greatness…unless you’re a bit…well common.. or ride something nasty where you may dilute my niche.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Conditions at Cannock’ is closed to new replies.