Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Conditions at Cannock
  • lunge

Anyone know how it is riding at the moment? Or more specifically, can I get away without changing the RaceKing on the back for something more grippy?

flip
    Free Member

Course you can it’s Cannock. I’m sitting here in that Cannock typing this. It’s a balmy lovely dry day.

Just make sure you have rubber round things on yer rims and you’re good to go!

rocketman
    Free Member

The bits of rain we’ve had have helped the sandy surface and now it’s more like dirt instead of dust.

Most excellent.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Weather looks ok up until Monday too.

ASC
    Free Member

Trails on the Chase are being destroyed by the FC atm.
    🙁

I_Ache
    Free Member

ASC whats been ruined?

Im going on Sunday for the first time this year.

kayak23

…..pretty much describes a ride at Cannock.

Rode there last Saturday. There have been a few closed sections lately but assumed this was for maintenance and nothing sinister on the part of the FC. Could be wrong though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

kayak Not quite sure what your trying to say there.

MrGFisher
    Free Member

I Ache, ASC is talking about the off piste stuff. FC are logging through a lot of it.

Kayak is on about the surfacing on the official trails. Lots of pebbles (marbles) have been used in places. When they get wet or loose it can become slippy.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh right, Ive not managed to get onto the off piste stuff but I keep meaning too.

phiiiiil

I’m sure the FC are following me round with logging machines; they seem to be demolishing every bit of forest with trails I ride regularly at the moment. I’m glad it’s not just me they’re chasing, not that it helps…

I went across the Chase twice yesterday with SpeedKings on (I presume they’re similar to RaceKings?) and I survived in both directions. It’s much grippier now than when it was all dust-and-marbles-central a few weeks ago.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

How much of the off piste stuff has gone.? Not been over for a while.

Ringo
    Free Member

They’ve destroyed loads, its becoming a joke, out for a ride last night and yet another good trail trashed. How’s the legs ade?

takisawa2

Dont know about the Monkey Trail, but only the very last section of the FtD was closed. Few standing puddles, but probably dried up by now. It was riding very well. It was actually dusty on Tue night, but thats mainly a fire road route.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Conditions at Cannock’ is closed to new replies.