Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Condensed milk – mmmmm Favorite evening sweet snack?
  • spekkie
    Free Member

I can eat a tin of this stuff with a tea spoon no problem.

Probably shouldn’t though.

aP
    Free Member

My FiL used to drink condensed milk. He died of a heart attack at 53. Maybe once a month might be ok…

CountZero

I used to sneak out to the fridge with a spoon when I was a kid and help myself to a couple of spoonfuls. Yum. 😀

spekkie
    Free Member

Just eaten a tin in 20 mins.
    Perhaps that should be the last one for a while!

hammyuk
    Free Member

squirt some into the bottom of an expresso glass and then top with fresh coffee…….

kcal

hm, one of my mum’s better dessert recipes was ‘fluffy pudding’ – Carnation milk and jelly..

All 100% natural.. And quite lovely.

disco_stu
    Free Member
    codybrennan
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV-25jg_qsQ[/video]

Dibbs
    Free Member

CDM yum!!

arcadian
    Free Member

My gran used to give me a couple of teaspoons of condensed milk when I was a kid – probably played a large part in developing the massive sweet tooth I had growing up! And now for that matter 🙁

ninfan
    Free Member

ooh, Connie Onnie hot chocolate – now that takes me back!

globalti
    Free Member

When I was a student in Spain, breakfast was either yesterday’s stale bread deep fried and sprinkled with sugar, or cheap cookies, served up with a kettle of reconstituted condensed milk and a kettle of coffee. You dipped the fried bread in the coffee or stirred in the biscuits to make a sort of porridge.

A pal and I sneaked into the residence kitchen and opened a huge catering tin of condensed milk to find dozens of ants running around on the surface like over-hyped nutters. I still don’t know how they did that without getting glued down.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Had condensed milk ice cream the other day, it was delicious.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I fed condensed milk to my cat once – it loved it!
    The state of the kitchen the next morning was appalling – you could smell the pools of liquid poo from upstairs :/

If you’re anywhere near an Asian sweet shop see if they’ve got Habshi Halwa – extreme sickliness in (kinda) fudge form. Similar to condensed milk + other flavours – absolute nommyness :mrgreen:

DrJ

Conny onny butty !!! mmmmmmm

shermer75
    Free Member

*puts condensed milk on the shopping list*

mogrim

How about some caramelised condensed milk?

That’s basically fudge, another great condensed milk invention.

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/vanilla-fudge

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Condensed milk – mmmmm Favorite evening sweet snack?’ is closed to new replies.