Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Concrete Circus…I am not worthy
  • daznal
    Free Member

Watched it last night,still blown away by all the skills shown but i think mr Macaskill stole the show with his ride up the wire rope on the crane.If you’ve not seen it you’ve got to check it out

stucol
    Free Member

It was excellent. Just annoying it’s not on on-demand to watch it again. The final sequence was superb.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

It’s up on piratebay.

damo2576
    Free Member
    leffeboy

Is it not the same as the “New Danny Macaskill Video” link over there ->
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShbC5yVqOdI[/video]

(not the other bits of course)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I thought it was a great show.

billybob
    Free Member

it’s on 4od on ps3?

soobalias
    Free Member

wasnt on 4od this morning, but is up now

im gonna save it to watch instead of jeremy kyle and homes under the hammer tomorrow morning

nbt

Just annoying it’s not on on-demand to watch it again

It is now

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/concrete-circus/4od

jedi

it was awesome. just a shame he rode the railway tracks as it wasn’t as original as they said. ryan leech did that in roam iirc

MSP

I thought is was great, amazing stuff from them all.

Its kind of a shame they use terms like “the best” in the commentary, what they do is not a race, there aren’t winners and losers, its an expression of talent and has more to do with art than competition IMO.

jedi

mike vallely summed it up for me

alcolepone
    Free Member

was very impressive, and good to see this stuff on tv.

but i thought the nature of the program meant the expectations were raised too high for the resulting videos. some of them tried too hard, and others lost the plot. it would have been interesting to see how the orignals were made and follow the people making them more. not to force them to come up with Bigger and better stuff.

ultmatly these videos dont need to be on tv, they get more coverage on youtube.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Just tried to jump over a flower bed and smashed my plums on the fence. Going to stick to hop scotch 🙄

yunki
    Free Member

I was surprised by Macaskills offering.. his appeal (to me) was the amazing flow and style..

this new vid seems a bit too focussed on big drops.. scary hops and balancing on thin stuff.. that’s not to say that it’s not blimmin amazing still but it was definitely lacking style..

debaser

Just watched that on 4OD and a short behind the scenes video too.

Superb stuff, Danny on the wire rope was ridiculous and I was blown away by Kilian Martin’s skating.

The Swede, did you not read the channel 4 site warning that the video contains ‘Some dangerous, imitative behaviour’ 😉

goodgugu
    Free Member

yunkl….but it was definitely lacking style..

Yunkl, is your TV in the same room as you? If that’s lacking style I hope I never make it on YouTube to be ridiculed!! 😯 If I tried to pull any of that off I’d be picking up my teeth with a broken arm!!

Northwind

I can see where he’s coming from with that, the moves were a bit less joined up, more like individual cool tricks than a long smooth run. But I guess that was as much down to the terrain as anything else, it lent itself to big cool tricks

spacemonkey

Cheers for posting this reminder guys. Am chilling with a bottle of red and taking in the beautiful awesomenes of urban nutjobiness 😀

spacemonkey

Keelan’s story about his mate Stewart is proper sad 🙁

soulrider
    Free Member

The director got it right when he saw that something was broken inside him..
    I think it was – he hates himself somewhat for being out living it up as his mate died..he prob wont ever forgive himself for that.

Stunning shoots all 4 vids

spacemonkey

I think it was – he hates himself somewhat for being out living it up as his mate died..he prob wont ever forgive himself for that.

I’m a big believer in saying “I’ve no regrets”, but like you say, methinks Keelan resides on the other side of the fence. Sad.

kayak23

The parkour was amazing, some.of his leaps to hands reminded me of big cats. It’s just a shame the filmakers made it into some tacky underworld storyline with a couple of dodgy eastenders castoffs.
    The segment at the end all together did it better I think and the barrel roll into the next floor down at the barbican centre was blummin amazing.

robsoctane
    Free Member

maybe it’ll be on Virgin catch up, 4od isn’t working for me… just stops a minute in. 🙄

stealfwayne

Individully they are all at the top of their games, though the stand out’s were Kilian Martin’s skating vid, the most impressive display of control and balance – Danny of course showed his skills and flow off fantastically.
    PArkour, Didn’t Jackie Chan do that type of thing 15 years ago… That ‘Blue’ fella still was corking, if he had been rioting the bobbies wouldn’t stand a chance of catching him…..
    The BMX though wonderful to watch didn’t have that wow factor that the other films had (for me anyway)
    But to see this type of thing on free to air tv is a step in the right direction. MORE!!!

Trimix
    Free Member

Made me want to go out and make movies. But I will probably have no more skill at that than I do at backwards front wheel wheelies 🙁

I did wonder that perhaps we are all just as skilled at something, but most of us have not yet found out what it is – whereas these guys clearly have.

VanHalen

the flatland guys need to move theor sport off of tennis courts for it to become mainstream.

some of the little clips in the final segment showed promise but ultimatly he seems to like going in circles fast like the skater guy.

the parkour and danny were superb though but then thats what i like rather than nibbly tech stuff.

an excellent programme.

Brycey
    Free Member

Great TV!

It’s about 15 years since my mates and I used to bugger about with video cameras, and after some intial interest the headcam craze seems to have passed me by; but watching that really made me want to go and mess about with a camera and editing suite. Also intesresting to see most of them seem to use DSLRs (on that Shetland video last week as well).

chakaping
    Free Member

Watched it last night, onlty realised at end it was narrated by McNulty from The Wire.

I really liked the BMX video, I think the director will have a bright future. The Danny Mac video was awesome too.

Yeah the build-up was a bit overblown, but it’s better than Grand Designs or whatever other lifestyle-**** they’d have shown otherwise.

younggeoff

The whole program was superb, the skating was very good but Rodney Mullen’s been doing a lot of those moves for a while, not a criticism just pointing something out. Danny’s ride up the wire was completely mental

marka.
    Free Member

Ooh yes, that was good, once you got into the actual mechanics of it (as opposed to “will he find a director in time…?”)

All 4 films were good in their own way. But then you get a professionals doing it properly at the end, which takes it up another level in production values (and budget).

Danny’s ride up the cable was definitely one of the highlights. As was the cool backflip jump through the hole in the floor in the Barbican.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

just a shame he rode the railway tracks as it wasn’t as original as they said

I thought that too. Danny’s vid is great, but it is disappointing to see him showcase stuff that people did years ago. Good, but not a patch on his other two(?) main features.

marka.
    Free Member

Did they actually say that the tracks bit was original? I thought it was a general comment about how all the film crews want to do new and exciting things. I doubt too many people have ridden along the top of old trains with cable winches before.

packer
    Free Member

If I had seen at TV program like that when I was a kid I think my head would have exploded. Awesome stuff.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

+1 for the Rodney Mullen comparison, first thing I thought. Amazing videography and skills by each. Also great to see people from that era of skateboarding that obviously had an interest in MTB, most noticeably Rob Roskopp.

Macavity
    Free Member

Not BMX, not Macaskill , but almost circus and definately bike balance
    Kunstrad

Macavity
    Free Member
    juiced
    Free Member

enjoyed that very much.

juiced
    Free Member

flatland was very emotional. Danny is just brill.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

What a show!!!! I think Danny and the BMX director need to hook up and make a dark danny movies…
    That backflip thingy that ‘blue’ did down the hole looked crazy… Im watching it again tonight it rocks… Thanks CH4 its about time

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Concrete Circus…I am not worthy’ is closed to new replies.