Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Concerns over Crossmax Enduros
  • scaled
    Free Member

I’ve got a new bike (YT Capra) on the way with the aforementioned wheels and I’ve been having nagging doubts since my mate put a dint in his rear.

I’m not light on wheels and the 20% off wheels at superstar has me wondering about Carbon, rim width and yeah, i’ll admit, the yellow.

Have I just been waiting for the bike for too long and found things to fret about or are these worries founded?

kimbers

A few mates have them and race on them. Rims don’t seem to bad, I think one guy had his rear fail, its the hubs thatve been problematic but they’ve been very good with warranty

Rosss
    Free Member

My brother’s capra has just turned up and he has the same wheels, he had them on his Trek before. He put a tiny wobble in them at Tavistock and had the hub internals sheer on him. In france both wheels let go in one run in Les Gets, no dents just 6 broken spokes and completely unrideable. They cost £80 to fix but he’s leaving the mavics on for now to see if the newer batches are better.

doug_basqueMTB.com

They have been good for me this season. Bit dinged but not massively. I had one ding that bent the rim to the point that it wouldn’t run tubeless but I fixed that with a rock trail side and haven’t look back since. I have broken 3 spokes this year and had to replace the little spoke retaining spring. Serviced them a couple of times and need to replace the bearings now. All in all I’m really impressed with them. Would like to try the new version, the XL are they called?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

They’re still (despite the cost) high on my list of new wheels. Trouble is, its hard to see past getting my Pro2s rebuilt onto some Flows for half the price and given their current form, my Hopes will still be spinning when theres nothing but cockroaches left…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Concerns over Crossmax Enduros’ is closed to new replies.