Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Computer Speakers – Stereo/2.1 style
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Looking for some suggestions, I want a pair of speakers for my laptop. I have some Logitech 5.1 things, but since I am reduced to stereo output they just aren't worth the effort (and are reasonably low rent anyway).

I basically want as good a sound quality as I can get without spending too much (say £100 tops… maybe a bit more… but less is better). I may throw in (at a later date) some form of enhanced sound card. I am half toying with the idea of active studio monitors so I can edit video better for a cunning project that is being planned.

The alternative is to get an external soundblaster thing, not sure they have drivers for Windows 7 64-bit as yet though…. and not sure I am bothered about surround sound either.

bone_idle
    Free Member

I have these Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speaker System

£70 40 watts rms a channel done loads of research and there about the best for the money. Very pleased with mine enough punch to upset the neighbours 😆

Check out the reviews on amazon

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Cheers, will take a look.

I am also considering M-Audio AV-40s (active studio monitors) as they seem to get good reviews and may be ideal for mixing sound on video when I get around to that particular project!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simon_g

I've got some Creative T20s that are great – not a fan of horrible disjointed overblown bass most 2.1 systems produce.

vrapan
    Free Member

Z-4s get a second vote here.

T20s are also very good especially since they make things a lot more neat due to the lack of dedicated suwoofer.

If you can actually afford it buy some Harman Kardon Soundsticks. Look really cool and sound even better.

zaskar
    Free Member

Altec Lansing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Computer Speakers – Stereo/2.1 style’ is closed to new replies.