Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • computer question.windows security centre doesn't recognize avast antivirus?
  • racefaceec90

it used to,but since i updated both antivirus/win xp a while ago,it just doesn’t recognize that i have an antivirus anymore 😕

the problem is that i keep getting “Microsoft Windows security centre antivirus override” whenever i use spybot search and destroy.it just doesn’t get rid of it 😡
    after checking on the web,the problem seems to be the security centre not recognizing that i have avast antivirus software. can anyone help (in easy to understand terms if possible 😉

i currently have the option as (i’ll monitor the antivirus software myself).

thanks 🙂

Cougar

MSE.

Any modern AV (ie, written in the last ten years) should announce itself to the ‘Security Center’. If it isn’t, I’d suggest that either it’s rubbish or an infection is interfering with it. Or it’s broken. Remove, reinstall, latest version etc?

From memory, I don’t remember ever having any issues with Avast, other than MSE being better. Try doing an online scan with ESET?

leffeboy

Just switch to MSE and get on with something more fun instead. Alternatively remove and reinstall as that often seems to fix AV problems but I would just do the switch personally

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘computer question.windows security centre doesn't recognize avast antivirus?’ is closed to new replies.