Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Compressortrackworld
  • psychobiker
    Free Member

Look what I got today, haven’t had a chance to fit plug and check if its working, but for the price I paid I’ll just sit and admire it.

Marcel

chakaping
    Free Member

Love my compressor, it’s almost like one of the family.

🙂

psychobiker
    Free Member

Love my compressor

Sandwich

I inherited mine. Great for drying off the chain after a de-greasing wash.

nedrapier

That looks quite big! 29er in the background? 🙂

Just realised that no matter what size the wheel is, that’s definitely a garage door.

psychobiker
    Free Member

Aye, think its a 200 litre one, can’t wait to get it up and running, can finally blow all my tools down from sawdust.

Marcel

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Have fun!

Get some glass beads and blast an old frame then respray!

benjamins11
    Free Member

So many things that you can do with one. I wouldnt be without mine!

psychobiker
    Free Member

Just to let you all know, I fitted a plug and away it went, straight to 150 Psi, I just need to fit and adaptor so I can get a PCL fitting on and then away we go. Just one query, its fitted with a 20 amp internal fuse thingy and my plug is only 13 amp, have already blown one 13 amp fuse as it doesn’t like being repeatedly turned on and off. Can I just wire it straight into a fused spur off the ring main.

Thanks

Marcel

MrOvershoot

Multiple starts are what is probably killing the fuse, check the FLC on the motor (what Kw is it 2.2?)Starting current will be at least 6x FLC

A fused spur would be OK but where is it in your domestic circuit? My workshop has a dedicated 45a supply but I might be a bit cautious just sticking a 20a spur on my main ring main given that it could still have a washing machine/dishwasher etc running on it at the same time.

robfury
    Free Member

That looks a lot like my compressor. Mine is a 200ltr 4hp it requires a dol starter and its on sva cable to power it and it’s own Rcd. Think it pulls about 36amps on startup. 20 while running.

You ll need an electrician

maccruiskeen

Thinner oil in the compressor can help, especially in a cold building – turning over thick cold oil can be the strain that causes fuses to blow

MrOvershoot

rob I presume you mean SWA cable which means little without knowing the mmSQ size and if its pulling 20a while running it will pull at least 100a for a short time on startup & DOL (Direct On Line) is just literally on or off nothing more than throwing a switch.

Macc makes a good point unless you are running the compressor all day thinner oil will help.

psychobiker
    Free Member

It runs ok with the normal 13amp plug, just so long as I don’t flick it on and off repeatedly like an idiot, just had a look at the plate on the motor all it says is 3.00 HP 12.9 Amps. Will hopefully be seeing my electrician mate at the weekend so can ask him.

Marcel

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Compressortrackworld’ is closed to new replies.