Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • complacency.. a sign of weakness or maturity..?
  • yunki
    Free Member

As I get older I find myself less inclined towards moral outrage, I generally tend to see both sides of the story, care more for the bigger picture and have swapped my regular spot on the front line of any argument for a comfortable perch on the fence..

I’m more inclined to side with the majority, and much less accepting of of anything that rocks the boat..
    My tastes are tinged with a conservatism that I might have found abhorrent not so very long ago..

Is this good? Bad?

Is it ongoing and what can I do to make the transition easier..?

Drac

I don’t care.

yunki
    Free Member

large coffee for the grumpy medical professional at table one please.. before he starts shedding fur

Rorschach
    Free Member

globalti
    Free Member

Congratulations, you are becoming more manly. A chracteristic of men, especially older men, is an ability to see the bigger picture and not waste time and energy on the detail.

Bregante

Edit. Can’t be arsed.

fasthaggis

My Friday mission

cinnamon_girl

GAG yunki!

I’m really old and currently battling for Britain with various fights going on with various people.

The day I give up fighting is the day I should be put out to grass.

c_g
    (aka Wolfie from the Tooting Popular Front)

😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

what can I do to make the transition easier..?

Buy something beige from Marks and Spencer and read the Daily Telegraph.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You could join the Conservative party.
    Or…
    UKIP.

Might spark you up a bit.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

As I get older I become more angry.

andyrm
    Free Member

Know what you mean – for me it’s a case of my natural flippancy getting stronger as I get older and living by a very simple 2 step approach when something is wrong:

Can I fix it? Then fix it

Can I not fix it? Ignore it, concentrate on stuff you can do something about.

Life’s too short to spend it fighting over things you can’t do anything about. Focus on the things you can win.

yunki
    Free Member

edit:
    can’t be arsed

Pukeko
    Free Member

@fasthaggis; that is representitive of my Mon-Fri, Not just Fri! 🙂

Seeing the bigger picture is maturity.

andyrm sums it up well but missed step – sit back and watch others fight over fixing it, then fail, leaving you to sort it without stress… giving more time to procrastinate and annoy others…

cinnamon_girl

As I get older I become more angry.

This ^.

I am more likely to challenge things now but am quite realistic with it. No point in raising blood pressure over something that’s really not a big deal.

Reckon I’ll be going 10 rounds with one fight, round 1 went to me and that was inevitable. It’s a fight I can win provided I do my homework. Bring it on. 🙂

perthmtb
    Free Member

I’m like you Yunki – I’m definitely mellowing with age. I’d like to put it down to the wisdom of experience teaching me not to waste effort on things I can’t do anything about, but I fear its more likely just declining testosterone levels 🙁

piemonster

Drac – Moderator
    I don’t care.

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Plus 1

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve stopped getting angry with people who can’t drive.
    I wave and smile at them now.

They’re still dickheads who can’t drive and I’m happier.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘complacency.. a sign of weakness or maturity..?’ is closed to new replies.