Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Comparative tyre sizing: newer Maxxis vs others (a what tyre thread…)
  • a11y

I’m aware that newer Maxxis tyres (ADvantages, etc) come up bigger than older ones (e.g. High Rollers), but how do they compare to other brands? Are newer Maxxis actually a more accurate/comparable size with other brands compared to the older ones?

My wife’s looking for replacement tyres for her hardtail and these are just too big for what she’s looking for. Currently running 2.2 Conti Mountain Kings but not a big fan of these…

I’ve noticed the sizing measurements on tyres:
    High Rollers: 52-559
    ADvantage 2.25: 54-559
    Mountain King 2.2: 55-559

but despite that would say the Conti’s come up smaller than the other two. I run a 2.35 High Roller / 2.25 ADvantage combo on my full-suss and the ADvantage comes up near enough the same size as the HR. These are just too big for her hardtail.

I guess 2.25 Maxxis Ardents come up just as big as the 2.25 ADvantages, so what else should we look at? Ardents don’t come in smaller widths so not sure what else to look at. Use partly trail centres, part natural, on a Genesis Altitude with a “normal” build, 120mm forks.

Suggestions welcomed 🙂

Christian
    Free Member

Panaracer Fire Xc Pro’s 2.1 are pretty decent all rounders, not too wide either.

a11y

Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve used them in the past and neither of us got on with them.

I’m wondering about Nobby Nics in 2.2 flavour?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Comparative tyre sizing: newer Maxxis vs others (a what tyre thread…)’ is closed to new replies.