Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Compaq 6720s refusing to boot up…help please!
  • DickBarton

Been handed my brother-in-law’s laptop – Compaq 6720s – he reckons it got spiked during an electric storm/power cut and it wouldn’t start up.

I’ve been able to get it to a recovery stage but it now needs the restore/system discs…which he can’t locate.

Anyone know if I can get them online somewhere? It seems to be a Vista install but ideally I’m hoping to get a copies of the correct discs so I can restore the system to how it was…it’s about 4 years old (at a guess) so I’m pretty sure Compaq/HP won’t have anything going for it…

Anyone know any sites where I can locate this? I’m meaning legit sites rather than dodgy downloads from Peer-to-peer networks (in case anyone was thinking I was looking for some dodgy kit!).

Cheers.

jonk

It should have a recovery partition by pressing f11. If you need a Vista disk email me your address and i will post you one.

mogrim

If the main thing you’re concerned about is getting hold of the data you can always make a Linux live CD, there’re instructions all over the web…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Compaq 6720s refusing to boot up…help please!’ is closed to new replies.