Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • company car purchase from lease company
  • Eggbox
    Free Member

Does anyone have any experience of buying a company car at the end of a lease agreement? My company car is via Leaseplan UK and I have been given a purchase price for at the end of the lease in a few weeks.

The dealer screen price for the car would be £11,000 and they have offered it me for £9,700…. which is pretty good but a bit more than I would ideally like to spend. Has anyone got any recent experience of how flexible they are on this?

simon_g

They’re generally pretty flexible as long as you’re not offering really silly money for it.

You can get the Glass’ Guide price for the car here:

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/pages/financeAndServices/valueYourCar/index.jsp

Offer the lowest of the p/x figures it comes up with. Be prepared to go up to one of the higher ones if they counter-offer and you really want the car.

Bear in mind that if you hand it back, they’ll have to transport it to an auction somewhere, and the flood of 3-year-old cars that people are handing back (PCP agreements with final values higher than they’re actually worth) means lots of stuff is going very cheaply indeed. They’ll be incurring costs all along the way so should be quite receptive to an offer that saves them all that.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

What simon_g said. £9700 is too much if the dealer price would be £11K. Use any website like Parker’s, Autotrader etc to find out what a dealer would pay for the car – e.g. a bit less than trade in value. Offer them that

takisawa2

We bought our old car from a chap who had it on a lease. Paid £7k when the dealer screen price would be £10.5k. Bargain…!!!

Eggbox
    Free Member

cheers for the inputs !

binners

We made the lease company a not-too-silly offer which they accepted. We got an absolute steal. We’d had it from new and it’d been dealer serviced. We Ran the car for another 18 months and then traded it in for pretty much what i paid the lease company for it.

They’re prety flexible as its one lass car they have to bother about valetting/servicing/punting on

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘company car purchase from lease company’ is closed to new replies.