Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • commuting slicks
  • leffeboy

Any recommendations for some narrow zippy tyres for a mountainbike out there? I was about to go and order something but I couldn’t miss an opportunity for a what tyre thread 🙂

panaracer rimbo and continental sport contacts looking good so far

presses send,
    hides

cynic-al
    Free Member

Conti Grand prix 1″, nothing faster

leffeboy

ooo, missed that one Al. Do you know if it will fit on a 317 rim or do I need to hunt something narrower?

miketually
    Free Member

MTB rims are probably too wide for ‘road’ tyres.

Why not go for a big, fat slick, like a Big Apple?

leffeboy

Got some bit fat tyres already and like them but fancied trying something narrower just for fun although the last time I tried that I got fed up with the punctures and changed back

lrd
    Free Member

i commuted last year on conti grand prix and would recommend them. i had them on old skool mavic mtb rims which might be a bit narrower but guess you’d be fine. very fast

cynic-al
    Free Member

how wide is a 317?

GP may be a bit fragile for commuting

craa22uk

schwalbe kojaks 26×1.35 on my edinburgh courier, kevlar lined and fast as i think one can get for rolling an mtb varient on the road

leffeboy

how wide is a 317

I think it’s 17mm, or at least I thought that was how their numbering worked. Strangely enough CRC says that the 117 and 317s need a 1.5 but the 717 can take 1.0

Looks like they could be the winner so far although I like the puncture resistance of the Ribmo. speed/practicality/speed/practicality…(speed may win)

leffeboy

arghh-the curse of the double post strikes

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Was going to suggest Schwalbe Marathons as that what I use in 700c format and love them – fast, grippy and (shhh) puncture proof so far, but just seen that On One have the Kojaks at £9.99 – with the Raceguard puncture belt. I’ve not used them but at that price, they’ve got to be worth a punt?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘commuting slicks’ is closed to new replies.