Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Commuting jacket that does not make me look like a council worker?
  • GrahamS

My counter-anecdote:

I consider myself a “cyclist-aware” driver. I do care and I actively look for them.

I prefer the cyclists in bright visible clothing – doesn’t need to be high viz, but definitely not “slate grey” especially on a grey wet day.

Lights help too of course, if it is anything other than a bright summers day.

jimjam
    Free Member

GrahamS

Lights help too of course, if it is anything other than a bright summers day.

Even on a bright summers day….lights.

As for high vis, that puke yellow does tend to blend in quite well around twighlight. It becomes a kind of muddy orange, like a lot of other colours. Reflective on the other hand, would be the way to go.

trailmax
    Free Member

I’m with you Graham, since I’ve started driving myself, I became aware how shit the visibility is from a car. Especially when it rains and it is dark.

So when I’m on a bike, my preferable visibility is “x-mas tree”.

By the way just ordered that Hump jacket and a set of reflective spoke covers. It’s getting dark pretty early now -(

turboferret

The Sugoi Zap looks awesome

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGPuwAQFRmw[/video]

Not sure about availability yet though.

Cheers, Rich

danrandon
    Free Member

Sportful commute jacket is very nice. Halfrauds sell them but not on the website yet as its brand new in to them.

Link to one on Amazon

Lifer
    Free Member

Proviz Reflect360?

jacob46
    Free Member

Gore oxygen neon yellow. Perfect waterproof breathable cycling fit jacket.

lunge

I’ve got an old Polaris neutron, it doesn’t have much hi-viz bar a few reflective bits but is doesn’t look to “council worker”.

dudeofdoom

Not Christmas tree – there wider at the bottom…

Think christmas Twig then position afoementioned twig within a cars A pillar on a rainy damp day 🙂

I tend to buy my jacket in the summer sales for a around £100 use and abuse until the zips go or it just doesn’t keep water out – spray on water repellants works well…dont expect it to last a lifetime just a few years.

Got a nice raceface at the moment (in safety black) – doesn’t look too Bikey.

MrNice
    Free Member

[hijack]anyone tried one of those proviz jackets? when it’s properly dark that sort of reflective stuff is far more visible than bright colours[/hijack]

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Bellweather features on bikerumor today:

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Commuting jacket that does not make me look like a council worker?’ is closed to new replies.