Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • commuting by unicorn – pros/cons
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

I imagine any sudden stops could end up with you getting the horn but I imagine they’re pretty quick) what with them being magical creatures) and people are certainly going to stop and talk to you.

anyone tried it?

and are they allowed on trains?

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Because you don’t see many around I’d imagine it would be a magnet for thieves. That’s what put me off.

Plus you’ll spend loads of money on one and people will think it’s another Chinese fake. It’s easy to spot the fakes when you’re close enough. Just look for the elastic band holding the horn in place.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Only worth commuting on pink ones. The white ones are far better for warm summer rides in the countryside.

jimmy

They’re hard to lock up and have a tendency to prance off to magical lands while you’re grafting.

tmb467
    Free Member

If you get one with a detachable horn you can make it look like a horse. Less attractive to thieves but you need to carry the horn around (on the plus side you can have a sideline supplying aphrodisiacs to magical eastern gentlemen)

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to be walking around all day with the horn. I think it would be very distracting and people would stare at you.

eckinspain
    Free Member

is that a unicorn horn in your pocket or etc etc

SaxonRider

Don’t forget that the unicorn will need to be properly shod for the conditions.

These just won’t do.

These are what you want.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

TMB – you need to be careful with the detachable horn. The “industry standard” changes every few months so replacements can be hard to find for some of the older models.

According to Unicorntrack World the new thing for 2017 is fat-horn unicorns.

z1ppy

Given the requirement for (a) virgin to entrap the unicorn, would this really be any cheaper with Branson in charge?

whitestone
    Free Member

Personally I can’t see the point 🙄

jekkyl

pro: Unicorns can travel on rainbows. So if it’s raining and sunny on your commute you’ll get there much faster.

bikebouy
    Free Member

If you ride one, you will be followed by 1000’s of 10 year old Girls,

You want that riiiight ? 😯

RobHilton
    Free Member

They’re hard to lock up

You just need an amount of fencing in a ring around them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

pro: Unicorns can travel on rainbows. So if it’s raining and sunny on your commute you’ll get there much faster.

Bloody unicornists. Always jumping reds.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘commuting by unicorn – pros/cons’ is closed to new replies.