• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by m360.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Commuter/pub accessories and tips (and any Kona Dew riders)
  • m360
    Free Member

Just ordered a bike for commuting, shopping, pub, fitness, saving wear on the mountain bike etc (Kona Dew)

I have an expedition rack from a 26″ bike that I reckon will fit with the 700c wheels already (hopefully!). To commuterise it further I was going to add:

Full mudguards – guessing 700c 45mm should fit ok with 35mm tyres?

Bike lock – Presuming D-locks are best for the shopping bike. Anyone rate the locking wheel skewers/seatpost bolt sets? It’ll not be left in high risk areas for hours so more to save carrying extra locks for the wheels/saddle to stop the opportunists.

Was thinking this lock

And these skewers

Also, the bike is matt black. Has anyone got the black stickers that reflect white on their black bike? Just wondering how these would look, keeping with the stealth look of the bike in the day Reflective stickers

Anything else I should be considering (apart from Slime tubes!).

Any pics/experiences of your Dew set-up for touring or commuting would be nice also 8)

spectraken
    Free Member

I have one, great for commuting and touring. Tough as old boots too.

[/url]Kona Dew IMG_6558 by mynameisken, on Flickr[/img]

Mine’s an old one from 2007 or so, bought the frame for £30 on eBay and then built it up. Project 2 forks, Exal LX17 rims on Deore Hubs with Schwalbe Mondial 35mm, Avid BB7s, Deore 10 speed groupset, Tubus Disco 700C rear rack, Tara low rider front, SKS full mudguards and an old Brooks B17. Toured Iceland with it fully loaded, 25kg of panniers, steered like a tank but it worked.

m360
    Free Member

Great stuff, I have the same rear panniers already 8)

I went for this over racier urban bikes as it did seem tougher (frame, wheels and components).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Commuter/pub accessories and tips (and any Kona Dew riders)’ is closed to new replies.