Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Commuter Nappy Rash, Be Honest!
  • actiondan
    Free Member

For those of us who commute everyday, saddle soreness is on another level to the SAS cyclists (Saturday and Sundays). So who gets nappy rash regularly and to what, with & whom do you treat it? Anecdotes only as it's to early for pictures.

miketually
    Free Member

Erm, no. Must just be you 🙂

5 days a week, but only 2.5 miles each way.

Surfr
    Free Member

Just you mate. Get some proper shorts/tights

BigDummy
    Free Member

I really don't get saddle sore. I get the occasional outburst of fungus, treated with lady-part-yoghurt-cream. Mind, I am a large fan of the mudguard. Did a long-way-home commute in the wet the other night on my race bike and was on the verge of getting sore after two hours in sodden shorts. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Decent shorts sorted me out. I still wear any old lycra shorts but I now use good quality baggies over the top. I think where the seams go made a big difference.

AndyP
    Free Member

MAL. prevention is better than cure, and all that…

miketually
    Free Member

Get some proper shorts/tights

I wear my work clothes. No issues.

I really don't get saddle sore. I get the occasional outburst of fungus, treated with lady-part-yoghurt-cream.

It sounds like it probably is a fungal thing. I got "Jock Itch" after riding in the same pair of lycra shorts for three days running while camping and not showering. Canasten(?) cream cleared it up.

Mind, I am a large fan of the mudguard.

Amen.

trail_rat
    Free Member

keeping arse dry made a big difference to me

I only got nappy rash on wet days on my old 20mile commute – so i bought some endura stealths for my new commute.

Rode 50 miles each and every day for 3.5 months and got no nappy rash. Only get it on wet 24 hour races now – arse seems to have hardened up !

brick
    Free Member

Sudocrem.

ransos
    Free Member

I commute in my work clothes. Never had a problem with soreness or rashes. Mind you, I have always used proper SKS mudguards, and always wear full waterproofs if it's wet.

ourmaninthenorth

It has been known. 😳

Good backside cleanliness really helps, as does not wearing the same shorts without washing them.

wwaswas

Lady-part-yoghurt-cream

*sniggers*

binners

Minty arse lard is your friend.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Assos_Chamois_Cream/5360031286/

Its like getting someone to eat two packs of extra strong mints then blow gently on your nether-regions. I'm guessing that anyway. Its Not that I've ever made anyone do that of course. Ahem

Gary_M
    Free Member

For those of us who commute everyday, saddle soreness is on another level to the SAS cyclists

Well I commute a 40 mile round trip most days and have only had some 'chaffing issues' for a week last summer. Some cream sorted it out. No problems now though and I don't follow any particularly odd cream applying regime.

You're not normal.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Binners, I greatly admire the depths that you will plumb in your quest for thrills. 🙂

kimbers

10 miles a day and fresh as a daisy in the undercarriage

i just have about 10 pairs of these so fresh each day under my baggies or 3/4 length shorts

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_5817.htm

BigDummy
    Free Member

Oh, and is it late enough for pictures yet? 😉

binners

Why thank you. Depending on my mood I alternate between the extra srong mints and Fisherman's Friend

uplink
    Free Member

Its like getting someone to eat two packs of extra strong mints then blow gently on your nether-regions. I'm guessing that anyway. Its Not that I've ever tried the cream of course. Ahem

fixed it for you

sv

Better than the Sudo stuff!

Well it was for our first child.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Used to commute 34 miles a day and never got saddle sore. I got really sore pelvic bone bruising, but no surface damage. Goes off after a week or two on anti-inflams.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Commuter Nappy Rash, Be Honest!’ is closed to new replies.