Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)
  • Commonwealth opening ceremony
  • igm

I never understood why they kept putting a horse and rider under the traffic cone in Royal Exchange Square

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I never understood why they kept putting a horse and rider under the traffic cone in a Royal Exchange Square

😆

cuckoo
    Free Member

Critics verdict here

Granted the commonwealth games is a tough gig but a cheesy telethon as an opening ceremony?

Things improved a bit when Nicola Benedetti and Julie Fowlis appeared but it was too late by then.

Northwind

ac505 – Member

310 atheletes. I didn’t realise we had that many atheletes.

And that’s just the ones that were willing to wear the uniform

I only watched the “walking into the stadium” bit, it was the same as every walking into the stadium bit ever, so I’m declaring it a glorious success. I particularily liked the dude videoing it, not on a camera, not on a smartphone, but on a laptop 😆

cbike
    Free Member

I thought it was just right. Quaint and mad but we did it ourselves. I was at the first opening ceremony conference where they wanted to discard all tartan and bagpipes and tunnocks and stuff like that….and thought to myself..well what culture are we left with to share our commonwealth chums then? it would be like england without beer, red buses, and taxis and a union flag. looks like they had a rethink and came up with a tongue in cheek look at ourselves. 90 percent of the east end volunteers will love Karen Dunbar and Barrowman and Subo. Not my taste.

It wasn’t for yous. It was for the people in it. They had a frickin ball.

Stick yer criticisms up yer arse. 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

I thought that was alright actually. Hardley ever going to be London 2012 and in typical Glaswegian fashion it pretty much ripped the cuunt out itself(which obviously loads on here didn’t quite get)! Over all I reckon they did a good job tbh, I was pissing myself. 😆

As for the queen at Celtic park enjoy yer moment Liz that’ll not happen again! 😀

Glad the games are here, i took a wander through the city today, place is buzzing for it. 🙂

bloodynora
    Free Member

I thought it was truely tumescent to be fair…. a word I did’nt know til a Paddy told me…thanks for that fella 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

a word I did’nt know

In fairness to you nora, you’ve never been shy about hiding your ignorance here. Good on you for keeping that up. Thick, racist and a bigot. Fair dues.

rene59
    Free Member

Great example of an ethnic slur bloodynora. Maybe you should take it elsewhere.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thought the opening ceremony was great!

mt
    Free Member

On the whole I thought it was good. I looking forward to the sport and hope everything goes well. Glasgow should be proud. Bit more traditional music would have been nice, that Fowlis lass is great. Did I spot Phil Cunningham on the stage playing with Nicola Benedetti? I’m with cbike’s comments, stick it up tha hole.

Now when the games come to a free Yorkshire, hopefully held Dewsbury. We’ll put on a good show also, it’ll be reet cheap an all.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Great thread, finished off perfectly by the Jocks!

peterfile
    Free Member

finished off perfectly by the Jocks!

Yet a Sassenach had to get the last word

footflaps

Yet a Sassenach had to get the last word

I think you’ll find they always do.. 😉

peterfile
    Free Member

I disagree 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sorry I missed this

Although quite liking a bit of Future Sound of London there

Dead Cities?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Didn’t watch, but weren’t Pimple Minds supposed to be playing? No mention of them hereabouts…

seosamh77
    Free Member

A few heads just exploded over govan way! 😆

whatnobeer
    Free Member

There would of been a few exploding in Parkhead too with the everything else than went on yesterday 😛

Viewing 19 posts - 201 through 219 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘Commonwealth opening ceremony’ is closed to new replies.