Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Commonwealth Games – who cares?
  • aracer
    Free Member

I usually follow any big sporting event like this (I even take a passing interest in the Footie WC), but haven’t yet watched a single minute of CG coverage. Is anybody else having a meh feeling – not quite sure why, I guess it’s a combination of scheduling, lack of competition and the inescapable feeling that it’s the least competently organised major games ever.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have. I think it’s a great spectacle of sporting achievement, and an opportunity for nations which don’t do particularly well at the Olympics or World Championships to have a go on a big stage.

India are doing rather well too, which I’d imagine must be a big boost for it’s people.

lightman
    Free Member

Im watching the cycling because i know most off the riders, plus my best friend is riding too.

Highland28
    Free Member

I was in exactly the same position as yourself, I normally keen in watching everything but i haven’t really watched any of these games. Watched about an hour in total but i normally follow it properly!

teef
    Free Member

I think the so called star athletes who have chosen not to attend should have their funding withdrawn. If they are been paid by their country then they should represent their country – not just perform when it suits them.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’m currently in India for work and have seen quite a lot of it. The atmosphere here is great and India are doing really well.

When you see the infrastructure they have here I think they have done very well indeed with their organisation of it all.

Do you think Glasgow 2014 will be comparable?……

aracer
    Free Member

Do you think Glasgow 2014 will be comparable?……

In what sense? They’ll probably struggle to have accommodation as dirty, stadiums as empty and preparations so last minute.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

In what sense? They’ll probably struggle to have accommodation as dirty, stadiums as empty and preparations so last minute.

I wouldn’t be so sure…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Commonwealth Games – who cares?’ is closed to new replies.