• This topic has 49 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Commencal Meta AM V4 – Tell me why I shouldn't press the button right now.
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

PaulGillespie – Member
    also torn between specing the kirk and Monarch plus. The Kirk is meant to be great but any comments on the Monarch plus? I’m looking for a shock that provides a lot of rear support and not ploughing through its travel.

I thought about this. I just went for whatever shock comes with the complete build. You can get a monarch plus for £250 from bike-discount.

blairc70
    Free Member

I’m running dual position 130/160 pikes with the monarch plus shock, suits me perfectly. Think the pike 150 & 160 have the same crown to axel height so should be fine. Looked at the kirk shock but thought the all black suited the yellow frame better and the monarch was quite a bit cheaper also had good reviews

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking it’s a £2.1k bike with pretty cheap wheels? Maybe I’ve found the wrong bike searching for it, but why is this amazing value? Apologies if I have the wrong end of the stick here.

julians
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking it’s a £2.1k bike with pretty cheap wheels? Maybe I’ve found the wrong bike searching for it, but why is this amazing value? Apologies if I have the wrong end of the stick here.

It starts at 1999 euros, which makes at about £1400-£1500 depending on what exchange rate you can get.

hora
    Free Member

If you find that poor value…

‘These arent the droids that you are looking for..

ryderredman
    Free Member

Trailrider Jim – Member

Although they don’t seem to want to confim that they have sent me the following bike, it is what I ordered, and its since been taken off the site (I think I got the last one, they only had XL and it showed as out of stock once I’d ordered it).

The bike came to €2666, which converted to £1950 according to my bank.

A rough spec:

[list]
    [*]Guide Brakes (meh, but yeh)[/*]
    [*]RCT3 Pikes[/*]
    [*]Monarch RT3 Shock[/*]
    [*]Tubeless wheelset[/*]
    [*]Maxxis Ardent F Maxxis HRII R[/*]
    [*]Raceface Evolve chainset[/*]
    [*]Sram X9 groupset with E13 42T expander[/*]
    [*]KS Lev dropper[/*]
    [/list]
    Thought that was pretty good value for a brand new bike (5 year warranty) with an awesome review.

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

Had mine for a few months now. Previously has a liteville 301. V4 is a few lbs heavier so require s more effort uphill but I feel more confident on steep technical downhill and am riding faster. Long rides are fine. 47 miles in the pennines /peaks with 5000 feet climbing the other day and I’m not super fit. Have a monarch plus on mine. Needs a service/ retune but on the whole am enjoying the ride.

mark_rich
    Free Member

Just noticed 2016 model V4 is now out, in and black and red colour !!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Chat of wide seat stays scuffing heels badly, and generally the bike being a bit wild when it gets rough, put me off in the end and I’ve ordered an Orbea Rallon instead.

hora
    Free Member

Where did you read this? Please tell me it wasnt from bikeradar plus a odd comment on a forum.

What next High Rollers have a gap when you lean them over.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Commencal Meta AM V4 – Tell me why I shouldn't press the button right now.’ is closed to new replies.