Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Commencal Meta AM
  • msjhes2
    Free Member

Anyone got one of these and if so what do you think?

Cheers
    Mark

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Been thinking about one of these. Hoping to maybe pick one up cheaper in a couple of months or so. Someone had one on here not too long ago with photos. He really rated it.

juan
    Free Member

I don’t exactly have one. However my LBS landlordS hoave both one. Therefore I have tried it on several occasion, one being the trail I have ridden the most.
    Here is what I think of it coming from a meta 55 and living in the southern alps:
    It’s the same ass the 55, only better. The bike is stiffer. This of course make the bike a better climber. The position feels the same than the meta 55. Only difference is that you’re more above the BB, so again it climbs a bit better.
    Ok now what about going down 😉
    Well at first it’s a bit de-concerting. The cockpit is much lower, bars are wider (maybe too wide for me) so it’s scarier. To counter balance natural reaction is to put your weight backward. Which is an error. If you try to pilot the meta AM the same way you do for the meta 55, you’ll find it’s not as reactive as the old one use to be. What you need to do and it’s quite a leap of faith is to embrace the new geometry. The first few hairpins, are quite frankly disturbing and scary as you’ll think you’ll crash or go over the bars. But you won’t. Once you get use to the very modern riding, it’s all come together perfectly. Riding centred on the bike makes it very lively yet super stable. The front end will grip through anything, hairpins, sharp corners, open wide and fast corners super-steep trail and the back end will react like the meta 55 use to 😉
    To be honest I can’t justify changing my bike, plus I don’t want too right now I am too conservative, but if I could I know what I would get. Like the LBS says, the king is dead, long leave the king.

If your french is good enough i can give you other reports from the LBS.

kayak23

I sat on one in Skyline cycles and that was enough to get me interested 🙂

Its a very good looking bike, it won’t fit a coil shock in it(if that bothers you), Dirt love it.

Dirt 100

msjhes2
    Free Member

Cheers, they have started to drop in price hence my interest

100mphplus
    Free Member

I’ve had one since April and it’s mint. Had a Meta 6 previously and the AM is miles better at everything, it pedals up hills like a 4″ travel bike and feels like a DH bike on the downs.

Not sure what Juan is on about as I find it rails corners and is really planted, I’m racing mine in the UK Gravity Enduro and I’m leading my Cat so it must be working 😆

There is only 1 annoying thing about it and that’s the sound of the internal cables rattling in the tubes on technical stuff but that can be cured/quietened down with a couple of zip ties and pipe lagging/bubble wrap 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Commencal Meta AM’ is closed to new replies.