Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • commencal meta 5 sizing??
  • hugh_b
    Free Member

Hey guy’s, just looking at the commencal meta sizing chart/geo. I’m 6ft tall, and currently on a medium trance x frame. I like a smaller frame to chuck around etc hence the medium trance. Will have an all mountain build so i can go up and down the trails.

What sizes are you guys running and how tall are you? The medium commencal is about 1/2 inch shorter in the top tube but obviously has a very slack seat angle so the effective length would change quite dramatically i’m guessing?

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I’m about 6ft with a medium meta 55. I like it. It may be a little cramped for climbing but no problem on the way down. Love it!

mafu26
    Free Member

I’m 5ft7 and ride a medium. I reckon it fits me perfect. Running it with a 50mm stem, think a 70 would be better suited. I’d say the seat is 3/4 the way out of the frame too. Also i run cleats so it prob bumps it up a little so more like 5ft8.

druidh
    Free Member

This is a regular topic over on the Commencal Owners Club forum. I suggest hunting around there for a bit.

retro83
    Free Member

5 11 and on a medium. Get a test ride if you can, I would say it is a tad cramped on the ups but perfect on the downs / on jumps etc.

thomthumb
    Free Member

5’11” on a large. as said get a test ride. where ya based?

hugh_b
    Free Member

i’m in kent and a reasonably local rider has offered a test ride on his so i think i may take him up on the offer!

grahamt1980

6′ with a medium, I think the large would be slightly too big

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

Almost 6′ and had a medium until it was stolen. Felt perfect for me, but I like small bikes.

chrisrhayes

6' on a medium.

Fine.

Pedals are a little forward than ideal, but not annoyingly so.

retro83
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

chela
    Free Member

I've ridden both and I'd say you'll probably prefer a medium given your size and inclination to a smaller frame. I'm 6'3" and the large is definitely a lot better for me for sure, but even at my height the medium isn't silly and as too tiny as I expected it to be. Try them both out if you can, but I'd say medium, though both will probably be workable.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘commencal meta 5 sizing??’ is closed to new replies.