Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Commencal AM V4 bearing change: How difficult?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

Just noticed some play in the rear of my AM V4, could be shock bushes or bearings. Has anyone changed the bearings on one? How much hassle is it? I’m really short on time at the moment and off to Wales next weekend, so need to sort it asap.

cheers in advance.

blairc70
    Free Member

Fairly straight forward, 1-2 hours , got mine from a local bearing shop. Its probably the 4 at the back of the swing arm, you’ll need a bearing extractor or carefully drift them out as there is a lip in between, that means they have to come out outwards ( can’t just push them through.)

All the rest are easy enough, only other thing is watch the black central rocker link as it can easily be bent ( one chap even snapped his! )

Either that or leave it until after Wales.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thanks for that, shame I was hoping to use a socket press to remove them. Might just have to use the hardtail.

chopchop
    Free Member

You could get a bit more life out of them by packing with grease, most of mine were bone dry when I serviced the bike a few weeks ago. Particularly the biggest ones on the lower pivot point, they were the only ones that felt really graunchy. Check the small link that sits on the seat tube as well, there’s a weld in the centre of it that can fail.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Just checked what bearings I need and they are

2 x 6804S, 6 X 6802 2RS, 4 X 6800 RS. Does anyone know what size bearing pullers I will need for these?

weeksy

If you Ebay search, you’ll generally find the dimensions

e.g

SKF 6802RS1 Rubber Sealed Thin Section Deep Groove Ball Bearing 15x24x5mm

15 is the inner
    24 is the outer.

SO you want something ideally like a 23/24mm socket to press it back in as it then just touches the outside edge.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thanks weeksy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Commencal AM V4 bearing change: How difficult?’ is closed to new replies.