Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Commemorative car sticker for Paul Walker?
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

I had no idea this guy was such a celebrated figure in the world of the fast hatch drivers round my way.

“RIP Paul Walker-if I died while driving quickly then don’t be sad, as I was doing what I loved best”.

The above emblazoned on a 2014 Fiesta ST.

Seriously, WTF?

bails

Isn’t that the battle cry of the ‘pressing on’ advanced drivers on here?

scaredypants

he was an actor in some driving film wasn’t he ?

belated googling suggests yes

tomhoward

He loved being a passenger?

iolo
    Free Member

He wasn’t driving the Porsche that killed him.
    His mate picked him up from a charity event.
    His charity where he raised millions to help those less fortunate than him.
    Not a bad guy really.

ourmaninthenorth

edit: beaten to the passenger thing

midlifecrashes

Not many takers for the sticker in Doncaster tonight. 🙁

garage-dweller

What a strange thing to emblazon on your car and I wonder what his family (or the driver’s) would think.

All part of the I drive like this on grand theft auto because it’s just like the real world mentality ….

dd23
    Free Member

He got massively into racing and the modified car scene after staring in those films, did loads for charity. Seemed like a really nice guy when he stayed with us in London.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Seemed like a really nice guy when he stayed with us in London.

😉

dd23
    Free Member

Well, the wife was up for it

simmy
    Free Member

There are loads around here with tributes to Paul Walker on there cars mainly they say ” Dude I almost had you ” Paul Walker 1970 whatever – 2013

I can kinda understand them wanting to pay their respects, but Paul Walker didn’t say that line it was his character Brian in Fast and Furious

jimjam
    Free Member

simmy
    There are loads around here with tributes to Paul Walker on there cars mainly they say ” Dude I almost had you ” Paul Walker 1970 whatever – 2013

I can kinda understand them wanting to pay their respects, but Paul Walker didn’t say that line it was his character Brian in Fast and Furious

No, he did say it, whilst portraying the character. That’s what actors do. Act.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

No, he did say it, whilst portraying the character. That’s what actors do. Act.

Exactly, he acted. It may bear no resemblance to Paul Walkers thoughts.
    Even though Edward Norton was a nasty racist in American History X I would imagine he’d be keen for people to understand that was a character.

Do you think there are loads of pilots flying around with ‘Maverick’ quotes on their planes 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

richiethesilverfish

Exactly, he acted. It may bear no resemblance to Paul Walkers thoughts.
    Even though Edward Norton was a nasty racist in American History X I would imagine he’d be keen for people to understand that was a character.

So when someone’s doing a Marlon Brando impersonation and the start quoting on the Waterfront do you correct them? Do you think he’d be upset that people remember him for his portrayal of Don Corleone, a murderous mafia boss, and all they do is puff their cheeks out and mumble “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse?”

Do you think there are loads of pilots flying around with ‘Maverick’ quotes on their planes

American ones, yes quite possibly.

shermer75
    Free Member

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

You appear to be struggling with fiction and reality.

It’s not a question of acting ability.

Robin Williams played the part orca woman in Mrs Doubt Fire but, shock horror, he wasn’t a woman.

jimjam
    Free Member

richiethesilverfish

You appear to be struggling with fiction and reality.

It’s a reality that people will misapproriate quotes, confuse fiction and reality and misremember. Do you understand that? It’s also a reality that online pedants and keyboard sticklers will try to capitalise on this for virtual brownie points with their middle aged, middle class, middle management peers when commoners do these things.

I’m sure the dead don’t give a shit how we remember them, being dead, but given the choice I’d imagine they’d be glad to be fondly remembered, as opposed to forgotten. Even if it meant suffering the indignity of an incorrectly attributed quote.

bob_summers

Robin Williams played the part orca woman

Sometimes, autocorrect world is a much nicer place to live.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Ha ha ha. Yeah, I spotted that one a moment too late.
    To be fair – Robin Williams, pretending to be an Orca nanny and getting into all sorts of ‘hilarious’ situations sounds like a great film.

martinhutch

Well, Robin Williams was from the planet Ork, so you may well be right.

Car stickers are great for other drivers because they give you early warning of interesting maneouvres. Most reliable are ‘ONE LIFE – LIVE IT!’, any kind of monster sticker, and round here, the giant LUFC crest blocking out the entire rear screen.

It used to be the fish symbol that was the best indicator of impending dimwittery, but I think a lot of those cars have been sold on to responsible-driving atheists.

rumple
    Free Member

it may surprise you that the sticker saying “Powered by fairy dust” isn’t true!

MoreCashThanDash

Can’t wait to ride past the local dogging hotspot on a night ride and see a car bearing the sticker ” Tbe fairies made me do it”

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Commemorative car sticker for Paul Walker?’ is closed to new replies.