Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Coming back to biking!
  • peak
    Free Member

Hi all

I’ve been out of mountain biking for some years but the urge to get back on the trails is an itch that needs to be scratched! I won’t send you all to sleep with why I stopped but a change of job (and lack of nagging fiance) now means I have the time to get back to doing what I loved..

I really fancy a hard tail but it’s been some time since I was last into the scene and things have moved on a bit. I could do with some advice on stuff in the £600 – £700 bracket. Predominately rides in the peak district but Coed-y-Brenin thrown in a good few times a year. The stuff I liked doing was 3 hr cross country rides with a bit of technical stuff thrown in. I’ve been looking at Cube’s Attention but can anyone recommend other stuff worth looking at around this price bracket?

Cheers in advance!

cookies

If your getting back into it – try a few bikes if you can but for that money I would look at boardman bikes at Halfords – always get a good write up as the highly specced for the money – there’s a linky on this page with 20% off.

Also a plug for the Manchester mountain bikers you can find them on meet up. Good bunch to get you out regular in the area you going to be riding.

Welcome back by the way – new suspension bikes are awesome & disc brakes are defo something to look forward to.

kaesae
    Free Member

I would buy second hand and service it yourself.

I got my commy for £500 from ebay, and I love the thing. It now has the 07 italian forks and 09 Hope mono mini’s.

A really great old frame is the giant VT and also the 03/04 specialized enduro sworks with the bump sensativity adjust shock.

Build it yourself, bike building rocks!

peak
    Free Member

Thanks for the welcome cookies, I’ll check out the boardman bikes… things must have moved on if Halfords are selling decent bikes!

I can also see quite a few hours research coming up on ebay!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Coming back to biking!’ is closed to new replies.