Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Comfy shoes – a sign of middle age?
  • zippykona

chomp
    Free Member

I’ll happily sit with the rest of us in denial.

Jeans and Sheux are a big no no from me.

Shoes should only be worn when paired with a suit if you ask me

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

excellent blog!

nedrapier

5.10 Dirtbags. Sub £50 in sales/with vouchers. Smartish when new, last a good long time, stealth soles grippy on flats, comfy for walking. When they get over trashed, buy a newer pair for man-about-towning, and keep the older ones for wetter rides and gardening.

slowoldman

Hey don’t start with the Rovers. I loved my 420GSi Tourer. Sad day when it blew up.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Genuine ellohell 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

so another fan of jeans and sheux then 😆

http://jeansandsheux.tumblr.com

unovolo
    Free Member

I’ve dressed the same for the last 25years

You are Simon Cowell and I claim my 5pounds.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Errrm, I confess to wearing Salomons pretty much all the time – mid height boots mostly, and a shoe type if it actually gets hot in the summer. My feet love me, not a scrap of hard skin to be found 😀
    Sod that high heels lark!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Black trousers black shoes.

Blue jeans brown shoes.

People get down with the times please.

drlex
    Free Member

I’ve found that a pair of tweed Converse offends young and old alike

peakyblinder
    Free Member

Dr Martens “For life” boots here. Expensive but will outlive me.

BillMC

Fit flop shoes are incredibly comfortable and they have always got something on sale. I can’t bear the whole labels thing but I have had quite a few Nike trainers for pretty demanding travelling duties and they have been faultless. You just need to find the model that suits you and your activities.

BillMC

oh also got some Timberland walking boots that are currently doing sterling service around E Europe

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve found that a pair of tweed Converse offends young and old alike

I find the same of my Adidas Superstar tweed 😉

yunki
    Free Member

Speaking of superstars… these abominations were released in march

but I’m going for a pair of these instead

Big-M
    Free Member

in the office and everyday shoes = Vans, client meetings and other smart events suit & brogues. Never the two shall mix. Never, ever shoes & jeans, never ever smart trousers and trainers.

nealglover
    Free Member

This “shoes with jeans” thing. Are people talking about smart shoes (like you would generally wear with a suit)

Or is it all leather shoes/boots that people think you can’t wear with jeans.

I wear Redwing boots with jeans all the time, that’s basically what they are made for.

You wouldn’t wear them with a suit or anything smart that’s for sure

Candodavid
    Free Member

Blundstone boots pretty much every day for work, Onitsuka Tigers with jeans for casual, if it’s too smart for tigers, I’ll polish my boots

welshfarmer

Merrell Slip-ons FTW.

I have been wearing the same pair of Jungle Mocs for about 6 years now…. Apart from some formal ones for our annual dinner dance and a pair of dealer boots for the cattle market (lot of cowshite), they are the only shoes I own (other than riding & hikjing boots but they don’t count. Oh, and my wellies, which I probably wear 80% of the time 🙂

http://www.merrell.com/US/en/mens-slip-on-shoes/

sadexpunk

Onitsuka Tigers with jeans for casual,

thats just about me. away from work im hardly ever out of jeans and my footwear is more tailored towards what ‘top’ im wearing rather than the jeans. a polo shirt can be either the onitsuka type ‘trainers’ mentioned above or leather ‘casual’ shoes a la .

a hoody will be onitsuka or trainers only, yer gola retro/samba types tho, no ‘£200 airmaxnutterb*st*rd down wiv da kids’ trainers. a casual shirt will be leather casual shoes only.

onitsukas, hoodies and polos cheap as chips from m&m direct, ‘expensive’ casual shoes from the ‘smart clothes shop’ in town. theyre the rules 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Most of this thread is written in consumerese! I must be really old as I used to wear Docs or walking shoes for comfort until my thirtieth year before being stricken with inflammatory arthritis and have since been searching for any shoe that I can wear that doesn’t make the balls of my feet scream in agony.

At this point am resultantly considered by peers to belong to a well-established/pitiable out-group so ‘comfy shoes’ (at least to me) means something different again. ie an aspiration born purely, irreducibly, of function/enablement and therefore increased independence. If I do happen to find a pair of pavement-bashers that don’t look like NHS-approved built-up shoes for Frankenfeet I’d probably be grumpier still, as the fashionistas would then think I simply had poor taste rather than no taste. Good job I married someone who loved me not for my shoes as am thinking dating now would be an expensive and confusing minefield 😯

Anyone tried Clarks Wave Walk? <—- serious question.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

oh also got some Timberland walking boots that are currently doing sterling service around E Europe

I’ve worn a pair of these Timberlands almost every day for four years (they’ve just had their fifth heal/sole). They’ve supported me along many a flânerie of several European cities and have served me very, very well. I wear work boots when I need toe caps, trainers when I run and hiking boots when I go walking or if it’s raining too heavily for plain boots. 5.10s for riding.

dudeofdoom

+1 fit flops ….

not bad shoes tbh …

BillMC

Just recently bought some fitflop sandals in their sale for c.£25. (waits to be shot down.boom!)

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Comfy shoes – a sign of middle age?’ is closed to new replies.