Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • comfy i beam saddle
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Please recommend me one as I have a bony bum and need a saddle with a bit of padding. Thanks.

kayak23

My sdg bel air isn’t too bad. I think comfy for one bum may not be comfy for another though. I happen to have buns of steel and my bel air can get a little hurty after a while but other days I can ride all day and its fine. Go figure.

nickc

hmm try some, I’m going the other way, need to find a thinner one, as the padding on the belair I’ve fitted to me Chameleon chafes something bad in comparison to the I-fly on the road bike.

warpcow
    Free Member

I personally get on well with the Belair SL, and am even considering trying an I-Fly, but that’s probably the exact opposite of what you’re looking for. The FX has a vaguely traditional rail section, which should add a bit more squidge.

At least your choice is fairly limited for an I-Beam post. That is unless you don’t get on with any of them and end up going to traditional posts and saddles.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got a patriot at the mo and I might as well be sitting just on the post! Think it will have to be a belair after those comments thanks.

tazzymtb

Formula fx is very good, but I also like the original Ifly as I have an “experienced” bottom so a hard pounding isn’t a problem

rotten
    Free Member

I bought an I Fly and hated it for about a month, it was far too hard. Slowly began to find that even on long rides I wasn’t getting a sore arse. Now anything soft kills me,even got a railed one on the Blue Pig.

iain1775
    Free Member

+1 formula fx
    Quite minimal but somehow pretty comfy

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Bel air

epicyclo

I have the I-Fly on most offroad bikes, but use the Formula FX for road.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘comfy i beam saddle’ is closed to new replies.