Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Comfy Cheap Armchair – Ikea Poang?
  • jlc
    Free Member

Just looking for a cheap couple of armchairs for the lounge? Are the Ikea Poangs comfortable? Any other alternatives? Thanks

davosaurusrex

Poangs great for the money, work well with the matching footstools too

ElShalimo

they’re pretty good but bear in mind that if you have long legs, or are very tall they don’t support your legs that well as they’re not that high.
    To be comfy for a long period of time sitting, your hips should not be lower than your knees (spot the old fart with sciatica)

molgrips
    Free Member

We recently looked for chairs when we thought we were hosting Christmas. Poang is by far the best cost/comfort ratio. Get the footstool though.

Only other option that’s not £2-300 is second hand. Sofas and armchairs do not hold their value, so there are many bargains about. We ended up with a habitat armchair for a tenner 🙂

binners

They’re very comfy. But be aware that if you’re a bit ADHD, or generally a fidgety bugger, then you’ll enjoy sitting there constantly bouncing them. This can be really, really, really, really, really annoying to other people in the room.

Apparently 😀

Riofer
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 for sale if you’re near south yorkshire? 1 with an Orange cover and one in the std neutral.

Moses

Poangs are super comfy, and gentle bouncing is restful.
    We have 3, all leather, all 2nd hand, excellent value.

brooess
    Free Member

Def get the footstool with them. Awesomely comfortable.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Just don’t sit on the footstool or you end up on the floor* numerous times.

*possibly changed design.

m0rk
    Free Member

Fell asleep in the one at my father in laws yesterday.

It may have been that I was bored as **** though.

riklegge

Riofer, if OP isn’t interested then I am..
    Neutral one in particular.

choppersquad
    Free Member

The most comfortable chair I’ve ever sat in.
    You will definitely sit there doing the slight bouncing thing mentioned above.

phiiiiil

I thought it was the law that every household must have at least one poang already?

We have a normal boingy one and a rocking chair one as well; both are awesome. Both will knacker the wall directly behind them if you’re not careful…

Riofer
    Free Member

Riklegge, get in touch next week after xmas chaos is over and we can sort it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

They’re good, but make sure you get the one with the proper headrest.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Brilliant for feeding, then gently rocking a trouble-some 1 yr old off to sleep in his bedroom

jfletch
    Free Member

They are indeed very comfy. We have two and there will be a minor skirmish to get to sit in them on xmas day. Then it’s the sofa, a stool or the floor.

Riofer
    Free Member

Hi Riklegge, are you still after a chair?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Comfy Cheap Armchair – Ikea Poang?’ is closed to new replies.