Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • comfortable elbow protection ..any recommendations please?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

never used anything in the past but fancy having a go at more challenging stuff so think it would be a good idea. don’t want it too hot/sweaty as may be worn for longish rides. Is there a consensus on what’s good out there and is it worth having forearm protection or does that just add to the bulk and heat ?
    thanks in advance
    Bill

timmys

661 Evo’s. Expensive but the best I’ve tried. Easy to forget you are wearing them.

juan
    Free Member

POC

specializedneeds

Brand-X elbows have served / saved me over the last few years. The knee & shins slip down though (so I swapped to RaceFace). Much better vented than a neoprene sleeve. Cheap as chips.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

+1 for 661 Evo. You just don’t know you are wearing them. Can slip down, but playing around with the strap tightness gets it sorted

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

POC!

Northwind

POC Bone is a bit stormtrooper-looking and expensive too, but they’re really superb. Most elbow pads try and be small and in the end that means lots of straps and enclosure, the big hardshell of the POCs means they don’t need any of that, they naturally stay in place so it just has 2 fairly relaxed straps and a very thin “sock”. So your arm’s about half as enclosed as with any soft pad I’ve ever used, and not at all restrained or squeezed. So incredibly comfy, but also very protective.

661 Evo is good but a lot more enclosed, and not as protective either. But it does look a lot better!

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

POC Joint VPD Elbow Pads, really like mine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘comfortable elbow protection ..any recommendations please?’ is closed to new replies.