Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Comedy BB/Crank fail this morning
  • rickmeister

On the way down to North Bridge and George St, the left hand crank detatches and fortunately stays on my shoe. Looking at it and trying to put it all together again, the plastic XT preload cap is missing/lost and both BB cups are hand tight… the crank bolts are also really loose. none of this being apart since the bike was new….

Cant see it being sabotage as the bike isnt left in an communal bike shed…

Cue one legged pedaling and a return home on Ms Rickmeisters Genesis…. and a trip to TBC later today…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Must be the day for it, although mine wasn’t so comedy, it could have been really nasty..

I’d like to think it was down to the massive power I was putting down whilst honking out of the saddle, in reality it was probably a manufacturing fault.

Somehow I have managed however to rip the bonded pedal insert out of a carbon crank arm, which put me down like a sack of potato’s. Walking the remaining 8k to work wasn’t my plan today. I haven’t quite worked out how I will be getting home either, considering I work in the middle of nowhere. I don’t really fancy walking 25k home.

rickmeister

Ouch.. ! Guess thats the crank written off… £££££

Bus home and return with the car..?

takisawa2

Same happened to me the other week. Blasting up a hill to work & left hand crank decides to fall off. Cue laughing schoolkids.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It should be warranty – they are only a month old. Not impressed!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Comedy BB/Crank fail this morning’ is closed to new replies.