Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Come on Tim!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, right. Sorry.

Come on Andy!

😉

Cougar

I shout that every time AM is on TV. My OH gets very cross about it. Which is, of course, why I do it.

binners

The difference between success and failure?

Whether he’s British or Scottish in tomorrows papers.

I personally hope this country continues its tradition of utter pathetic failure at tennis. What the assorted, demented old bats, and associated senile fruitloops who inhabit Wimbledon would be like if he ever wins anything doesn’t bare thinking about

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    I shout that every time AM is on TV. My OH gets very cross about it. Which is, of course, why I do it.

Got to love “jokes” like that, haven’t you? 🙂

Cougar

I’m a bad man.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tsonga 4-2 up already….

derek_starship
    Free Member

Can’t be doing with that bloke Murray.

Po faced bastard.

ANd like Henman – he’ll never win a grand slam.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

He looks like that children’s TV presenter from a few years ago. Not Murray, the other one – Jenga or whatever his name is.

trailmonkey

that never really actually happens though does it ?

if anyone can link to proof of it then i’ll accept it gladly. as it stands, i think it’s just anglo bashing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As an aside to the usual STW Andy-is-he-scottish-is-he-english-oooh-come-on-tim-anyone-but-england bollocks…

Tsonga has the potential to be a really really good player – I remember him nearly beating Nadal a few years ago in Australia and some of the tennis he was playing that day was superb – I hoped he would challenge the top two…still do. Great guy too.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Tsonga has the potential to be a really really good player

He’s unlikely to beat Murray though. Especially if Murray plays half as well as he played against Roddick.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

He’s unlikely to beat Murray though.

Although he is doing a good job so far…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tsonga has the potential to be a really really good player – I remember him nearly beating Nadal a few years ago in Australia and some of the tennis he was playing that day was superb – I hoped he would challenge the top two…still do. Great guy too.

Agreed. Certainly sounds like he’s doing well at the moment as well! Still want to see Murray win, though!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Does your xenophobia come from hatred or fear?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Game on 🙂

Tsonga is as capable of wild shots as he is of genius – I guess that’s why he’s top twenty and not top four. Love watching him play though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Love watching him play though.

Only listening at the moment, but sounds like there’s plenty of showboating fireworks on display!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Only listening at the moment

There’s something strangely compelling about listening to tennis on 5Live…fair dues though, their commentary is always excellent.

duckman

trailmonkey – Member

that never really actually happens though does it ?

if anyone can link to proof of it then i’ll accept it gladly. as it stands, i think it’s just anglo bashing.

So what does that make the many anyone but Murray threads that spring up? Are they all based on his dour personality?

HE thinks he is Scottish, and that is what counts. He once said that he didn’t care if Engerland lost an important football match a week earlier in the W/C than they normally do,and you lot have never forgiven him for it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I didn’t quite understand trailmonkey’s post tbh.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Break up….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Woo!

ourmaninthenorth

Tennis.

A bourgeois sport that deserves nothing but contempt.

matthewjb
    Free Member

4-2

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

C’mon Timmy!

matthewjb
    Free Member

If this carries on:

Predicted Wimbledon Seedings

Murray 1
    James Ward 2

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Outrageous!!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

HE thinks he is Scottish, and that is what counts.

So does TJ, doesn’t make it true though 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Woop!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice one.

🙂

duckman

Hmmm..good point z11, I mean teej even supports our rugby team now,ah well, too late to edit.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

good point z11

allthepies
    Free Member

The ScottishBritish chap done good.

trailmonkey

So what does that make the many anyone but Murray threads that spring up? Are they all based on his dour personality?

you’ve lost me. what does that have to do with the whole scots if he loses, brit if he wins myth ?

you see the point i was trying to make that dd didn’t understand is that i don’t think it exists. what does exist though is the sort of bile that you’ve poured out here

Engerland lost an important football match a week earlier in the W/C than they normally do

just more anglo bashing. carry on though if it gives you something to feel good about.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah Jesus, do we really need to put the Murray thing into context again.

I agree with tm though – there is no “Scots” bashing in the media when Murray loses – I don’t use other forums, but the tediousness and predictability with which it comes up here is beyond annoying as illustrated by allthepies above. It’s just not funny anymore – which is a surefire way of encouraging those that think it still is to keep posting it. 🙄

Not having the identity crisis with which some of our Scottish forumite friends suffer, I don’t really understand it. Murray knows only too well that the majority of people supporting him at Wimbledon will be English – i suspect he doesn’t care what accent “Come on Andy” is shouted in. And he’s obviously a proud Scotsman too. If I’d been asked the question he was asked in that press conference, I’d have said something similar.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Is Henman Hill destined to be Murray Mound? Eugh – it’d put me right off me strawberries and cream.

matthewjb
    Free Member

And he’s obviously a proud Scotsman too. If I’d been asked the question he was asked in that press conference, I’d have said something similar.

He seems proud to be Scotish and proud to play for Great Britain.

I think the ‘football’ comment was more in response to a stupid question from a journalist with the assumption that British = English.

It’s good to have a British player to support who has a realistic chance of winning a Major.

Kevevs
    Free Member

fageddaboudit. british tennis has no chance of competing on the international stage. You think Murray is gonna win wimbledon? dream on!

matthewjb
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member
    fageddaboudit. british tennis has no chance of competing on the international stage.

There are only three players ranked higher than Murray at the minute. That seems quite competitive.

You think Murray is gonna win wimbledon? dream on!

I think he will win a Major. Probably not Wimbledon though.

Kevevs
    Free Member

not saying I wouldn’t like to see some British success. just can’t imagine it. it’s a shame really. Don’t think this country takes tennis as seriously as others. no grass-roots thing. I reckon there are real talented kids out there that are brilliant and capable enough to be on the world stage, just don’t get the recogniton or training. cos, y’know, it’s expensive!

duckman

Monkey;
    Maybe you didn’t understand my post. I wasn’t saying there was any of that British if he wins stuff,I was saying he is Scottish.You go on about anglo-bashing,what did Murray get in the English press because of that statement years ago? Which despite what DD says was almost a diplomatic incident,and was held up in the Times as evidence he needed to mature.If that post of mine is bile in your opinion you really need to become a hermit.
    On the scale of things,as somebody who has to listen to Ian Wright go on about “us” and “we” on the British Broadcasting Corp while Engerland play,then that is when you will see bile.

As an aside,Does this mean we can claim Wimbledon as British even though it is in Sarf Lahndon?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Come on Tim!’ is closed to new replies.