Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Come on then. Own up. Who parked on the road at peatys do?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Utter mayhem. And as we left, the police had closed the road leading from the dual carriageway. I’ll own up, we couldn’t even get in the car park and I sat for 20 mins. A man moved his car behind me so I parked in the vacant spot. Looks like there could be some grief heading their way which is a big shame.

billygoatgruff
    Free Member

er… yeah it was Frank.. or possibly Dave..

rOcKeTdOg

Maybe people should have cycled there?

hora
    Free Member

On one side for a fair distance down all the way to Grenoside village people had blocked half of one direction by parking half on earth/half in a lane/country road. Further along people had double parked on both sides meaning you could just get through but if you approached an oncoming car you’d both be stuck.
    Now I can understand to a degree that the parking field was wet but why then dump tour car/double park?
    The Police had to block access to other traffic from turning into the road(s).
    I figure there’s going to be trouble ahead if this happens again.

Should have cycled there? From where? Grenoside village is tiny. There’s nowhere remotely nearby that can support park n ride.

We didn’t park on the road, never have never will. I value my wing mirror and panels. A van/truck/tractor passing clipping these- no doubt just carry on driving.

singlespeedstu

RD. Are you mental?
    Ride a bike to get somewhere…
    FFS you’ve lost the plot.

hora
    Free Member

Yes agree my 6year old should have ridden from Manchester. I’ll have a word with him.

Don’t go into transport planning.. Or if you do work for a council one, they seem to make bizarre decisions.

chambord
    Free Member

When we arrived they’d closed off the car park and people were parking anywhere. The road was jammed with traffic with quite a few annoyed folk trying to get to sheffield for the football. We waited a while and eventually got in the field through what was the exit every other time I’ve been. Not sure how people got on getting out the field though, we were only in a small car and got a push but others in vans etc will have needed a tow… I hope it doesn’t effect future events, we had a great time as usual. Maybe April is not the most reliable time weatherwise to park in a field, but having said that when is reliable in the north of England. How about some of that temporary road stuff they put on the fields at Glasonbury?

rOcKeTdOg

Should have cycled there? From where? Grenoside village is tiny. There’s nowhere remotely nearby that can support park n ride.

No idea, but some people manage to ride around the complete world so a few miles shouldn’t be a problem.
    Just sounds badly organized to me or is wet ground a rare occurrence in Sheffield?

hora
    Free Member

Yes – Summer would be better. April’s not the best for weather..

brant
    Free Member

Did the top caps look nice?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I thought they were using the exit as the entrance. Last year we definitely drove 8n through the farmers yard and out through the top gate. Good old British weather. All the same a good day….

hora
    Free Member

Weirdly year before last was foggy and rainy but worked fine. Why not this time.

Top caps? Another hipster invention of yours Brant?

conkers
    Free Member

Stem caps look great Brant I haven’t put mine on yet first job for the morning.
    We managed to get out of the field with a push from the parking marshalls and there were two tractors ready to start towing when we left.
    I really hope the road parking doesn,t kill off a great event.

markshires
    Free Member

At one point they had closed/stopped people going into the car park, as they were towing people into the field! Then advising people to park where they could get.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Topcaps, the indispongible bleeder ob du dang

brant
    Free Member

If anyone else needs top caps I can do them for £1 each for a good sized order.

They turned up on Wednesday afternoon so it was a bit tight but glad they made it.

antigee

“The road was jammed with traffic with quite a few annoyed folk trying to get to sheffield for the football”

presumably it wasn’t the A61 that was blocked? if you choose to rat run then live with it – used to live in the area and the football traffic causes chaos every other weekend

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Great event, I felt it could do with a park and ride, by bus or bike, well at least that road had been surfaced, last year I went to a game at Wednesday and it was potholes galore

munrobiker
    Free Member

I wasn’t there but with regard to the football traffic, so what? They shut roads for them whenever they play in Sheffield and clog up all the roads for the majority of people who couldn’t give a toss about football. They can suck up being late to see whichever one of Sheffield’s two rubbish sides lose for one game.

tangoman19
    Free Member

They can suck up being late to see whichever one of Sheffield’s two rubbish sides lose for one game.

Them blue and white wizards eh…

2015/16 SWFC Home Games.

Played 21 – W 12 – D 7 – L 2.

hora
    Free Member

SWFC

Who?

chambord
    Free Member

Who?

No, whoo.

silentsi
    Free Member

I had planned to park in the car park but when I got there at around 2pm there was a policeman was telling people to turn around or park up on the road.

bearnecessities

Oh very good Chambord. 🙂

tangoman19
    Free Member

Hora, Chambord, come on lads didn’t you know “Carlos had a dream?”

On a more serious note the roads flow pretty well around Hillsborough on match days, they only close one short piece of road (leppings lane) for one hour either side of the game.

Grenoside is a different kettle of fish as its a so small for the type of event. Hopefully they’ll make plans to keep the wonderful race going.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

As others have said, they closed the car park around lunch time, so a lot of people didn’t have a choice but to park on the road, which in itself shouldn’t of been too much of an issue except the tools that were parking on both sides / in blatantly inappropriate spots / couldn’t fathom how wide their car was to get through perfectly reasonable gaps.

As to the hillsborough on match day, the traffic may flow, but parking a ballache as I live next to the ground

Pook

On a more serious note the roads flow pretty well around Hillsborough on match days, they only close one short piece of road (leppings lane) for one hour either side of the game.

To quote my Hillsborough living friend,
    “I hate match day. You see everyone local out doing things really early to get their cars parked for the day then you’re trapped. There’s no getting out or back in later. Every other Saturday is out as far as a big shop or IKEA trip is concerned. It’s crap. At least we’ve got the tram”

thepodge
    Free Member

The council should shut steel city dh till they can provide parking marshals along the whole road, it’s the same story every year and it’s only getting worse.

If people can’t get to ikea I’d see that as a blessing. Football is a few hours every other week for less than half the year, can’t cope with that? Don’t move into the area.

chambord
    Free Member

The council should shut steel city dh till they can provide parking marshals along the whole road, it’s the same story every year and it’s only getting worse.

Nah they just need to hire some of that plastic netting stuff to put on the field so it’d be fine in the wet.

Football is a few hours every other week for less than half the year, can’t cope with that? Don’t move into the area.

Steel City is a few hours on a Saturday for one day of the year.

If people can’t get to ikea I’d see that as a blessing.

This I agree with.

thepodge
    Free Member

People park on the road because they don’t want to pay three quid not because it might be a bit muddy. Doesn’t matter if it’s wet or not they still don’t want to pay.

jonnyseven

To be fair even at 8.45 it was suggested to find somewhere other than the field to park. They were towing people that chanced the farmhouse yard INTO the field. The exit was opened and I went in that way banking on a tow out later – as it happened it dried up enough to drive straight out by 6. Not enough for those with sports wheel/tyres though 🙂

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Come on then. Own up. Who parked on the road at peatys do?’ is closed to new replies.