Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Combating dog piss on lawn
  • sandwicheater

New lawn down and looking good but our dog has a favourite spot to piss and it’s killing the grass.

I’ve seen lawn feed to neutralise the piss, i’ve seen stones to add to her water that change the ph. I’ve not seen an elephant fly.

Is it all voodoo and rubbish or does some stuff actually work.

Any suggestions?

brassneck

They do actually work, they are crystals rather than stones that neutralise the uric acid a bit (I think). Though if they use the same spot all the time, YMMV .. our dog likes the whole lawn to get some lovin’

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

My colleague recommended the stones in the water for my lawn. They work for him.

I have cats and apparently they are so full of nasty stuff that the stones don’t work for cats. Another reason to use their pelts for a nice pair of slippers.

mtbfix

I can live with the brown patches. It’s the repeated digging of holes in the lawn that wind me up.

enfht
    Free Member

Tarmac the dog

TPTcruiser

Tomatoes? Our dog likes them and they are reputed to have a similar benefit compared to the rocks in the water.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I was going to say piss on the dog’s lawn – but then I didn’t realise it was your dog. (although that may work patches of grass that have had the benefit of bloke wee seem to look green and healthy…)

carlphillips
    Free Member

Stones do not work on my dogs piss! Waste of money ime

irc

I can live with the brown patches. It’s the repeated digging of holes in the lawn that wind me up.

And doing a rag doll with the bits of turf lifted off the previously repaired holes.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Andy

Bit of unsalted tomato puree in the dogs dinner neutralises the alkaline in the wee.

mikey74
    Free Member

My parents added tomtato ketchup to pooch’s food, which seemed to work.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

List of things that are not good for dogs
    Just before you go filling your dogs bowl with tomatos. I know it says the toxin is metabolized over time so very ripe or rotten tomatos are not much of a risk but is it really a risk you want to take so that you can have nice grass?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Walk your dog more regularly and it won’t need to piss when it’s at home…..

sandwicheater

Walk your dog more regularly and it won’t need to piss when it’s at home…..

It’s her first piss of the day in the morning. Even if I’m taking her for a walk she sneaks one out.

I’ll give the crystals a whirl and see how we get on, cheers guys.

Cougar

Even if I’m taking her for a walk she sneaks one out.

Do you only have the one route out of your property?

sandwicheater

Do you only have the one route out of your property?

No, we are blessed with two but I’m a creature of habbit and dog walking has to start from the back. Tis the rules.

Hmmm, I could take a leaf out of my hero’s book, Lt Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell and start my walk from the front. But could it work? I think madness this way lies.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Combating dog piss on lawn’ is closed to new replies.