Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Colwyn Bay Routes
  • lowey

Hi,

Wondering if any locals can recommend any routes from Old Colwyn or there abouts ? I’m not to precious if they are cheeky.

Cheers all!

Maltloaf

the hills around here used to be good fun:

click

project
    Free Member

Route 5, of the national cycle network is currenmtly close dfor 10m weeks plus, while they dismantle the stone carrier that ran aground, between abergele and colwyn bay.

Otherwise conway mountain, or offas dyke path from Prestatyn.

binners

Lowey – you’re not far off drum mountain there. This route’s an absolute belter:

http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/conwy-drum-mountain

The descent from the top of Drum is fast as ****!!! When you thinking. Not ridden it for a couple of years

deft
    Free Member

Do you have an OS map? There’s a section of the N Wales coastal path that loops inland from Old Colwyn to Llanddulas, but you can continue past Rhyd y Foel to Abergele. It is indeed cheeky but you’re unlikely catch any trouble, kids always building bits in the woods

Junkyard
    Free Member

he has done drum mountain though sand he wil post up the speed pic 😉

wors

Are you leaving the shire?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Very cheeky Not the best of rides though. Where abouts in the Bay are you?

Kevevs
    Free Member

get on this..
    http://northwalesmtb.proboards.com/
    They are doing a forum ride starting in Conwy Council Bodlondeb car park at 9am (I think) up Conwy Mountain and Tal-y-Fan area on Sat 28th.It’s a good ride. See ya there? 🙂

lowey

Yeah done Drum and Conwy Mountain. cracking ride. Was just wondering if there was anything from the top of Colwyn for an evening /night ride.

Will join up the forum Kevevs.. looks promising thanks. Flippin, I dont live in Colwyn but partner does. Up near Pen-y-bryn road.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Lowey I’ve walked it but have been planning to give it a go one day and try and get a doorstep loop together, if you fancy trying to eek out a route then give me a shout, I know the Heights well as I used to live up there and still frequent the Pen Y Bryn, must get up there on my bike with my lights and have a cheeky ride home through the woods 😉

lowey

Pen Y Bryn

Nice pub, dear food!

I’ll drop you a line when I manage to get the bike over there mate. Cheers.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Colwyn Bay Routes’ is closed to new replies.