Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Coloral cycling bottles
  • amplebrew

Chatting to a friend today and the topic of the old Coloral alloy water bottles came up.

Coloral was a company in Birmingham who made alloy cycling bottles from the late 40’s into the 50’s.

A group of folks are trying to start up the brand again and I thought this link might be of interest to some.

I had a look on the forum history and couldn’t find anything, but apologies if it’s been mentioned before.

Edric64
    Free Member

I have seen that and will try and get one as finding old ones is difficult and they go for 50 quid + every time

amplebrew

I think the bottles look lovely, hope they get enough backers.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Am I missing something? A cycling bottle plugged with a cork? What use is that in this day and age?

amplebrew

One would look really great on the right bike and it’s even possible to remove the cork top and drink from it; even in this day and age 😆

I know it’s going to look out of place on a modern bike, but it could be the finishing touch to a classic bike.

njee20
    Free Member

£50 for a modern version of something antiquated and obsolete?

Don’t get it.

Edric64
    Free Member

Some racers used to drill the top and add a drinking straw ,back in the day they were usually bar mounted.I ended up with a similar steel bottle and bought a separate cork for the vintage look

fasthaggis

Loads of old aluminum bottles still around,it’s just that people forgot where they left them 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

£50 ,great arent they it holds water .I get my L`eroica one in October

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Coloral cycling bottles’ is closed to new replies.