Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Colne Valley MTB Challenge – THIS SUNDAY
  • TheSanityAssassin

If you’re local then there’s still time to save a fiver and stick your entry form through my door. If not, then it’s only £22.00 to enter on the day. If you turn up on time and pay the correct fee then you’re in. WE NEVER TURN ANYONE AWAY!

WEBSITE HERE

Who else will be there?

Juice Van Design – LINK – examples of recent van conversions for the outdoor enthusiast for you to have a look at.

Huddersfield Bearings – LINK – pick up or order some spares for your hubs/pivots/bottom brackets. Stockists of Enduro bearings too.

Gear Mech Hanger.com – LINK – the UK’s number 1 selection of replacement mech hangers. Andy will be offering a generous discount for sales on the day. Orders for postal despatch are welcome too. He’ll also have a new selection of custom-scribed top caps available.

Sports Massage – professional sports massage available for only £5.00 for a 10 minute session. Bookings taken for before and after the event.

Wheelspin Cycles, Huddersfield – LINK – a selection of the usual spares available to purchase, along with the chance to get that little niggle on your bike sorted before you ride.

Come and join us for a challenging ride in some stunning post-industrial Pennine landscape this Sunday. You’ve nothing to lose and plenty to gain – even if it’s only a bacon butty at still only £1.00!!

Sandwich

You might want to repost that link, there’s a comma before the “uk” which gives a nice empty page!

TheSanityAssassin

Bugger! Thanks.

WEBSITE HERE

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m going to be there.

scuttler

Shorter 20 mile route option this year too for those who’ve jibbed out of doing it in the past.

dawson

full of snot and watching weather forecast – will decide tomorrow

sefton
    Free Member

sadly can’t make this but I have convinced some club mates to have a crac at it! weather forecast looked dodgy last year but it held off nicely!

shame… I could do with another t-shirt (fav bedtime t-shirt) 😉

good luck all!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I shall be there – fighting a valiant rear guard action I’m sure

TheSanityAssassin

Hey Sefton – if you’re doing the summer cx series at Colne Valley or New College then I’ll check if I get any spares left over!!

AndrewBF
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Rain or rain, or more rain. Or rain. Just so long as the wind isn’t blowing you back up the hills then it will be fine, and wet (must remember to fit mud guard).

TheSanityAssassin

Don’t forget – we NEVER turn anyone away. If you want to ride, turn up on time with an already completed entry form and the correct fee in cash and YOU’RE IN!

ricky1
    Free Member

Anyone coming from up clitheroe way that could possibly give me a lift there?

rubymurry
    Free Member

I’ll be there not done it for a few years going to try it on a cyclocross, is this a bad idea!!!!!?

rubymurry
    Free Member

Sanity if I promise to come can I still pay £17

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m doing it on a cx this year as its mainly a road course. The only thing I am nervous about on the CX is having a low enough gear !

rubymurry
    Free Member

I’m running 28 on the back and standard 105 chain set on front, should be okay. I do remember it was bloody hilly last time

ricky1
    Free Member

I now have transport so I’ll be there.

jonnyrockymountain

Come on guys, come on your MTB!!!!!!!
    CX racers else where!!!

number18
    Free Member

I did it on 26in 120mm full sus last year. I’d say ideal bike would be 29er ht. Nothing challenging downhill, a lot of steep ups and more tarmac than I’d hoped for in a ‘mtb challenge’.

Can’t do it this year but I hope to do it again next year.

antares
    Free Member

What time do you have to be there for to get signed on etc? And what’s the parking like? Ta

jonnyrockymountain

if you get there for 8am you should get parking within a 500 yds (local streets)

TheSanityAssassin

Parking is all on road, so the earlier the better. If you can also bring an already completed entry form and the correct fee (£22.00) in cash then that will also save a lot of time too.

antares
    Free Member

Cheers

sefton
    Free Member

Hey Sefton – if you’re doing the summer cx series at Colne Valley or New College then I’ll check if I get any spares left over!!

cheers, I’ll be racing this Wednesday….but it doesn’t seem quite right TBH haha.

hope all goes well..3 horwich cc riders should be coming down

TheSanityAssassin

Please:

Arrive early – parking is all on road and it does get tight.

Bring an already completed entry form and the correct money

Have a great time!! 😀

MrSparkle

Well done on another well organised event SA. Nice visit to the pain cave due to the wind! ;0)

AndrewBF
    Free Member

The Colne Valley Mountain Boat Challenge. I’ll be back next year with my kayak 🙂

Lived in Meltham for 10 years and never saw that stream impassable and having to use the stones to cross.

Thanks to Andy @ Wheelspincycles for getting my front derailleur tension just right before the off.

mintimperial

Top, top work by the marshals, can’t be fun standing around in that sort of weather but there were plenty of smiles and encouraging heckles as ever. Many thanks to all who helped this happen once again, smashing event!

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go and lie down and not move for several days.

jonnyrockymountain

It were very wet, I didn’t do it though but was supporting my mate who hasn’t done these challenges for a long time due to pressure of winning, but Christmas he decided to buy a new bike and start riding again, so just 5 months really back in saddle after about 6 year off and he went out today and nailed 2nd place, so a big big well done haighy!!!!!!!

ricky1
    Free Member

First time doing it and enjoyed it,even the weather didn’t put me off,had to leave as soon as I finished though and forgot to get my t-shirt,legs are buggered.

antares
    Free Member

Decent ride in challenging conditions. Definitely back for another go next year.

BTW who was doing the photography?

MrSparkle

SportSunday amongst others.

ricky1
    Free Member

^ Antares +1 will they be on roots and rain?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Bffffffffffffffffffff.

That was harder that last year- think I got a better position (slightly) but that wet ground didn’t half slow me down!

Loved it, as ever, a real challenge.

nbt

will they be on roots and rain?

roots and rain don’t do xc, only dh

sam3000

Always a great day the CVMBC! Thanks to all involved

v12jat
    Free Member

http://www.onlinepictureproof.com/simonmorleyphotography/view-your-pictures/albums/60143

try this link for pics – click events when on the page!

jonny haigh had a great ride today,if your reading this then well done fella!

thanks to everyone involved, i’ll be back again next year!

jonnyrockymountain

james what happened to you fella? did you take a wrong turn?

v12jat
    Free Member

Not bad came in 3rd or 4th, missed a small loop out near the beginning, then took a wrong turn near the reservoirs so lost the time I had gained by missing the loop out! Rolled in at 2h20 so pretty chuffed 🙂

dawson

Great event – was my first time – did it in 3hrs 41 – not exactly challenging for the podium!

Thanks to organisers for well marshalled junctions, and thanks to marshalls for standing out in the weather.

Will definitely try to make it next year to improve on my time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Colne Valley MTB Challenge – THIS SUNDAY’ is closed to new replies.