Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Colne Valley Mountain Bike Challenge 2010
  • TheSanityAssassin

Entries are are now being encouraged for the 7th annual Colne Valley Mountain Bike Challenge, taking place this year on Sunday 9th May at 9.00am.

The course is a challenging one (as you'd expect) and consists of approx. 30 miles of local paths, tracks, bridleways and lanes around the picturesque Colne Valley area of Huddersfield – regularly featured on TV as settings for Last Of The Summer Wine and Where The Heart Is.

The cost of entry is £15 pre-booked (entry forms available at http://www.cvmbc.co.uk) and £20 on the day – although we do encourage pre-booking as it greatly assists the organisation of the event.

All participants will receive a free commemorative T-Shirt and certificate upon completion. The course will be fully marshalled throughout and will have 4 refreshment stops at designated points. There will also be a back-up vehicle available for anyone who wishes to (or is forced to!!) retire early.

Bacon Butties will be on sale beforehand at a nominal £1.00 each, but apart from these EVERYTHING ELSE refreshment wise (soup, bread, bananas, flap-jack, biscuits, coffee, tea etc etc) is FREE. Yes FREE. There is also a brilliant little pub – The Walkers Arms – situated on site, so those that wish to can partake of a pint (or two) if so desired.

So, to sum it up – it's a 30 mile challenging MTB ride, fully marshalled, fully 'catered' and absolutely FANTASTIC VALUE, with a pub on site to finish the day off as well. You won't find a better day out in this area on the 9th May. Come and give it a go – you've nothing to lose and we're absolutely certain that you'll be well looked after and have a great time.

Rickos
    Free Member

No can do. I'll have taken off for my holiday from Heathrow some 12 hours earlier.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Awesome event.

hp_source

I'll be there, got my postal form yesterday 🙂

Is it the same route as last year? That was a killer, but strangely enjoyable.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have to persuade t'missus its a good way to spend her birthday!

Big-Bud
    Free Member

dont see the point in paying a huge fee for riding the trails i can ride everyday beit about a couple of private sections.

dont get me wrong its fantastically organized etc & quite a good ride but £15.00 is a joke .

cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ – send her on her own, I'm sure she'll agree!

It's for charidee IIRC Big Bud, if you know what that is…

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Top event run by some top people – the courses is awesome in a slightly scary way – Hopefully I’ll be there again this year (I’ve done 4 out of the last 5 years and only missed because headplant of the road bike) but feel very unfit at the moment

woody2000

Al – it's for the local scout group. Does that count as charidee? 🙂

Tis a lovely spot for a ride though!

Ben_mw

Don't think I can make it – setting off for an exhibition that day. Shame really as I have a bit of a score to settle from last year – got beaten by the wife!
    Excellent event though, brilliant atmosphere and well run.

pstokes99
    Free Member

Received my form through the post earlier in the week – will be posting it back tomorrow.

I hate and love this event in equal measure!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is the riding worth coming down from Scotland for? I enjoy riding in that part of the world and have done it before – I want interesting track, interesting views and interesting company.

wildrnes
    Free Member

a group of us do it every year and it is a great social event so count me in!

one thing though
    do you have any online payment options for this yet?

Harry_the_Spider

Big-Bud – Member
    dont see the point in paying a huge fee for riding the trails i can ride everyday beit about a couple of private sections.

dont get me wrong its fantastically organized etc & quite a good ride but £15.00 is a joke .

Yet you'll pay to ride the MTL?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mary-townley-challenge-2010

marsdenman
    Free Member

hp_source – Member
    I'll be there, got my postal form yesterday

Is it the same route as last year? That was a killer, but strangely enjoyable[i].

Keith, you are a sick, sick man….. 😉
    That said, this back marker did enjoy the pain…..

TandemJeremy – Member
    Is the riding worth coming down from Scotland for? I enjoy riding in that part of the world and have done it before – I want interesting track, interesting views and interesting company.

Come on down TJ – if nothing else (and assuming the route will take in Wessenden again, I can show you where Fred the lamb was rescued 😀
    Seriously though, tough route, through rugged and scenic places. Worth the drive down – only you can decide..

TheSanityAssassin

TandemJeremy – Member

All of the above – and you get to stay at mine too.

TheSanityAssassin

Local trails are currently dry and dusty. Should be quick on the day.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Colne Valley Mountain Bike Challenge 2010’ is closed to new replies.