Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cold weather,burning chest !
  • ricky1
    Free Member

Quit smoking back in May,built a bike,sold it got a full sus and try and get out as much as I can,went out on Sunday and chest was suffering in the cold,anyone else having this problem ,any ex smokers on here,does it get any better???

Pieface

I think its generally the cold weather / start of a cold. Nowt to do with smoking

prawny

My chest was killing on saturday morning, I was wheezing for the rest of the day and I’ve never smoked. It’s just the cold air getting deep into your lungs. If you cover your mouth with a buff or similar it will warm the air, but it’ll get damp quickly and then it gets hard to breathe, tricky.

ricky1
    Free Member

That’s encouraging,I was surprised how fit I was when I quit as I hadn’t done any physical training in years and my struggling to breathe knocked me sideways,I hate colds.

ricky1
    Free Member

I was going to buy a neck scarf to cover my mouth but a friend sais it just steams up the eyewear whilst on the bike which I can believe,I think a can of man up is on the cards lfor me lads !!!

Pieface

If its any consolation I was feeling the same last week and now have a cough / cold.

It may be more noticeable now you’ve quit and are fitter, but I’d guess you’re ill 🙁

shamus
    Free Member

Not smoking related. I suffer the same amount as my riding buddies despite being the only smoker. kudos on quitting.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Buff over your face but also try breathing through your nose more – seem to warm the air up better, and stops the horrible burning feeling I get in my throat when its silly cold.

vorlich
    Free Member

Vicks Vaporub on chest, throat and up nose holes before you go out.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its the taste of blood in your mouth that gets me 😯

wrightyson
    Free Member

Same here but never smoked. As above I use a buff thingy pulled right up over the back of my head and across the nose.

martinhutch

I felt like I was climbing on half a lung last weekend. As an asthmatic, it’s normally just the effect of much colder air hitting the lungs and narrowing the airways. I normally acclimatize after a few weeks.

ricky1
    Free Member

Buff thingy it is then,any preference on style or make or is that just a whole new thread,let’s put it out there 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cold weather,burning chest !’ is closed to new replies.