Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cola is bad for you
  • mudshark
    Free Member
    BigDummy
    Free Member

“there is very little doubt that tens of millions of people in industrialised countries drink at least 2-3 litres of cola per day”

And some ostrich farmers drink far, far more. Others however, are fairly safe…

🙂

cp

hmmm, wont be worrying about drinking cola then…

xc-steve
    Free Member

That report’s ridiculous! Come on bbc would expect it form the Mail or similar. Anything in excess amounts is bad for you… funny that!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

2-3 litres per day? FFS….now coffee…

dave360

mm coke

Jamie
    Free Member

Excessive

Stopped reading after that.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Our company provides complimentary cans of pop – Coke, Tango, Dr Pepper, whatever – as a legacy from the days when they used to have a free drinks vending machine in the building.

It gets delivered by Tesco once or twoce a month and fills a store cupboard from floor to ceiling, all in 6 or 12 can multipacks.

There’s one fella sitting near me who every morning goes to the cupboard, grabs himself a six pack of Dr Pepper and plonks it on his desk as his daily supply so he doesn’t even have to get up to fetch fresh cans throughout the day.

I can’t imagine what his dental bills are like.

Jamie
    Free Member

There’s one fella sitting near me who every morning goes to the cupboard, grabs himself a six pack of Dr Pepper and plonks it on his desk as his daily supply so he doesn’t even have to get up to fetch fresh cans throughout the day.

Wouldn’t they be warm? Eurghh!

GrahamS

What’s the worst that could happen though?

wilma
    Free Member

What’s the worst that could happen though?

Hahaha!!

jackthedog
    Free Member

Wouldn’t they be warm? Eurghh!

Well yeah but it’s a long walk to the fridge. Multiply that by six for one day, and the result by 5 and that’s quite a few feet he’ll be walking throughout the average week.

Couldn’t have that.

mudshark
    Free Member

He’s getting about 1000 calories a day from soft drinks. Assuming from the above that he doesn’t do much exercise, does he not eat much else or his he gettng fatter?

That much sugar must cause problems too – does he get a bit shakey?

Hip
    Free Member

Another example included a pregnant woman who regularly consumed up to three litres a day for the last six years and complained of tiredness, appetite loss and persistent vomiting.

Pregnant for 6 years?

Thats got to be a record! 🙂

Drac

Drinking too much water can do the same.

Drac

years and complained of tiredness, appetite loss and persistent vomiting.

Yeah normally doesn’t happen in pregnancy.

jackthedog
    Free Member

He’s getting about 1000 calories a day from soft drinks. Assuming from the above that he doesn’t do much exercise, does he not eat much else or his he gettng fatter?

That much sugar must cause problems too – does he get a bit shakey?

This aimed at me?

He’s not a small chap, put it that way. I would imagine the sugar intake is causing issues that will show symptoms he doesn’t recognise as abnormal, and that will eventually lead to some unpleasant problems.

But at the moment, he’s just fat.

mudshark
    Free Member

consumed up to three litres a day for the last six years and complained of tiredness, appetite loss and persistent vomiting.

Seemed it didn’t stop her drinking 3 litres a day though! Did she not think they might be related?

badblood
    Free Member

“This is because the drink can cause blood potassium to drop dangerously low, they report in the International Journal of Clinical Practice.”

I have buggered Kidneys and have to maintain low blood Potassium, god knows what it would be if I didn’t drink Cola!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cola is bad for you’ is closed to new replies.