• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by huw.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Coffeetrackworld revisited
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Hi im looking for a bean to cup machine with a budget of 300 in seen a delonghi 4200 and 400 at 250 and a krups 8005 at 275

Anyone own any of these or have any recommendations within budget. Or seen any bargains about

Cheers

geoffj

We’ve got the 4200 and its OK. It works well and has been reliable, but is perhaps a little bit boring?
    Doesn’t quite have the romance of a nice gaggia or truly faff free operation of a tassimo.

I’ve just bought a senseo machine and stove top frother for our caravan, and I prefer that combo tbh.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/400691166787

ElShalimo

Bean grinder & aeropress will take up less room, cost a lot less and be just as good (unless you want to polute your coffee with milk)

But it’s not an easy 1 box solution.

sweepy
    Free Member

This was covered a couple of days ago. The delonghi is good in my view (for espresso)

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers fellas. I’ll have a search sweepy ta

rickon
    Free Member

Bean grinder & aeropress

I wish people wouldn’t perpetuate this. Aeropress does not make espresso, it can’t. It can make a good strong shot of coffee, is ace for camping or those on a budget.

I use mine at work and camping.

However, it is no where near my espresso machine.

Anyway, are you sure you want bean to cup? How about a burr grinder and then a machine like the Delonghi 820? It comes with a milk carafe and makes pretty decent no fuss milked espresso drinks. Its still a pressurised portafilter, so your grind isn’t as important or as tunable.

TomB

How much coffee are you making? I only have a couple a day and am happy using a hand grinder (£25) and a gaggia espresso machine. Not sure how much cost/complexity the bean grinder system adds on a bean to cup machine? Our set up makes very good espresso.

huw
    Free Member

You’ll be hard pushed to get a better machine than the Gaggia Classic, but you’ll need a separate grinder or get your beans ground. Very reliable and every single part is replaceable.

However, despite what a lot of people probably think, just having a coffee machine doesn’t make you a seasoned barista, and better than your average Nescafe drinker 😉 You have to learn how to use it and a lot depends on what coffee you use. You can still make sh!t coffee with a coffee machine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Coffeetrackworld revisited’ is closed to new replies.