Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Coffeeists….what electric milk frother?
  • almightydutch
    Free Member

Mrs D has now got a Tassimo thingy, the expresso tastes ok but the milk pods are hideous.

What frother is anyone using and thoughts please? Less aggro the better

hammyuk
    Free Member

Mate got one of the Lidl/Aldi ones – really, really surprised just how fast it is.
    Put milk in, switch it on, heats the milk in minutes and masses of foam – rinses in seconds too.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Bodum Schiuma.
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/coffee-accessories/bodum-schiuma-3040-01-electric-milk-frother-black-21558075-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=xrttiqrpx&istBid=tztx&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~0130+%28PLA%29+SKA+Core~All+SKA~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&s_kwcid=DS!700000001497114!157099296436!!!g!!PRODUCT+GROUP&device=c&ds_kids=92700015904607292&PLA=1&gclid=Cj0KEQiAv4jDBRCC1IvzqqDnkYYBEiQA89utos06D4ug1cYn8_3Tn_KYEQWXGmR1m9ej6Jn7PJ9oHqsaArev8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJvHw9LwlNECFaeD7QodknQP5Q

We’ve tried similar ones but nothing is quite as good.

alexxx
    Free Member

yeah I’ve got the aldi one – does the job quickly!

almightydutch
    Free Member

Ahh yeah it has to heat the milk too, so that Bodium is out.

whitestone
    Free Member

Milk? In coffee? Are you weird? 😉

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Ahh yeah it has to heat the milk too, so that Bodium is out.

Lazy git! Do you not have a microwave?

superleggero
    Free Member

The Nespresso one is good. It will froth the milk with the option of having it heated or not. Very easy to clean which can be an issuue with some of them.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Yes I like milk in coffee, so does Mrs D.

alexxx
    Free Member

Should mention.. the aldi one heats and froths but it only either heats or froths so you have to heat it… then pour the majority in the cup then froth the last of the hot milk in it. TBH I only use it for guests when I cant be arsed using the wand.

dantsw13

Don’t get the nespresso aerocino – it has a hotspot on the base and burns the milk. Personally, I just stick it in the microwave for a latte/flat white, but the missus, after a lit of research purchased a Krupp XL2000, and it is very good.

hammyuk
    Free Member

The one he used on xmas day does both – can’t remember which of the two he got it from though.
    He’s pissed though as his brother in Aus has the black edition they do there.

almightydutch
    Free Member

The Aldi one is out, well mentioned Hammy as I never considered colour. Mrs D is terrified at no stainless or black option 😯

hammyuk
    Free Member

Its stainless as standard – just his brother got the black edition so he’s annoyed 😀

tomd
    Free Member

Had the hostess for a while it’s been very good. Easy to use and clean, makes good froth.

big_scot_nanny

We’ve got the nespresso aerocino job, and its been fine for the last year, we like it.

Selled
    Free Member

I use the tupperware, it’s not electric, you just put it in the microwave.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I use a Bialetti Tuttocrema (sp?) works great.

Put on heat
    Heat.
    Pump
    Pour the frothy goodness.

Works with soy milk as well.

I also had a little electric (AA battery) whisk that froths in the cup. Was a stocking filler but has lasted years including camping trips until I lost it.

TiRed

Put 200 ml in a 900W microwave for 2:40. Use aerolatte whisk. Serve. I have an aerolatte plastic jug with an angled base. But any measuring jug will do. You can use a French press instead of the whisk if you want.

Have the nesspresso milk frother at work. Doesn’t quite heat enough milk to be honest. And the lids crack when you (inevitably) drop it.

loddrik
    Free Member

what electric milk frother?

Holy cow!!! This is what happens when a societies conspicuous consumption nears it’s natural conclusion.

budgierider67

I’ve just got a Hotpoint induction milk frother and it’s excellent. It’s fast, a doddle to clean and produces thick velvety hot milk as well as frothy cold, hot chocolate & regular hot milk.

bigG
    Free Member

I bought one of these from lakeland a while ago.

It heats the milk and froths it. I find the foam fine for a macchiato and for latte.

Dead easy to clean as well

G

captmorgan
    Free Member

Ive had one of these for a while, has the option of frothy or flat capacity for more than one coffee at a time and different temperatures

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Severin-700-ml-500-Watts-Induction-Electric-Milk-Frother-with-Variable-Temper-/272164108437?hash=item3f5e3eb895:g:M-YAAOSwv9hW4Y5a

Gary_M
    Free Member

Don’t get the nespresso aerocino – it has a hotspot on the base and burns the milk. Personally, I just stick it in the microwave for a latte/flat white, but the missus, after a lit of research purchased a Krupp XL2000, and it is very good.

I’ve got the aerocino3 and yes it does have a hot spot on the base where the milk always sticks. Having said that I never noticed it taste the milk and I’ve had it a couple of years. It doesn’t heat the milk anywhere near as fast as the nespresso site suggests.

dantsw13 is that the aerocino 3 or the new 4 you’ve got? I was thinking of getting the 4 but not if it has the same issue as the 3.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Does anyone use their kitchen worktops for preparing food anymore or are they just used for displaying unnecessary gadgets?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Does anyone use their kitchen worktops for preparing food anymore or are they just used for displaying unnecessary gadgets?

I keep my milk frother in the cupboard, only the dualit toaster, alessi storage jars and alessi kettle on display.

My worktops are big enough for both displaying middle class baubles AND preparing fresh pesto.

I also used the worktop to prepare a sandwich this morning.

toby1

I got an electric frother for Christmas from my FIL, I drink black coffee and at most wanted a steel jug I could froth milk in via the steam outlet on the espresso machine for the wife.

I store a LOT of stuff in the garage these days as I’m running out of kitchen space, the kitchen isn’t tiny either!

richardkennerley

Put milk in cup. Heat in microwave for ten seconds, then use this

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/tableware/coffee-tea-makers/produkt-milk-frother-black-art-50301166/?cid=gb%7Cps%7Cpla%7C%7C%7C%7C

To make it frothy. Then stick a tassimo espresso in it, bobs your uncle. Costs £1

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Got a dualit one, froths & heats at the same time. Also does milk shakes.

dantsw13

Gary M – my Aeroccino was a few years ago – original one I believe, so the new one could be better. However if v3 is still doing it I wouldn’t bet on it. The Krups XL2000 is better in every way.

chewkw
    Free Member

richardkennerley – Member

Put milk in cup. Heat in microwave for ten seconds, then use this

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/tableware/coffee-tea-makers/produkt-milk-frother-black-art-50301166/?cid=gb%7Cps%7Cpla%7C%7C%7C%7C

To make it frothy. Then stick a tassimo espresso in it, bobs your uncle. Costs £1

^^^ This.

Way faster and much more efficient.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Coffeeists….what electric milk frother?’ is closed to new replies.