Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Coffee shop increasing prices…
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Thesurfbus- I just let it run through and fill the cup

robdob
    Free Member

Yeah but it doesn’t produce as stunning an image. 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

jonnyrobertson – Member

… (by the way, what do Costa put in their “coffee” that makes it stay so hot for so long?) but if you actually want to taste it, well, come on now, cough up. It’s a p**s take but by going there i’m as guilty as anyone else.

Take away cup might be double walled. Cup with lid. Thick form to reduce heat escaping. In the cafe the cups are usually kept warm either on top of the espresso machine or something and the mug should be thick walled so to retain heat, but if temperature is too high the coffee is burnt. They need to check the temperature everytime or pull an empty short before filling the cup.

:mrgreen:

deepreddave
    Free Member

VAT is payable by the retailer on hot drinks like this whether you take out or eat in hence a small rise is justifiable fo rthis and the reasons given re costs. Did they reduce the price when VAT went down to 15%? 🙂

maccruiskeen

Our country needs a wake up call on personal expenditure (£1.4trillion of personal debt in the UK at present).

£1.4 trillion as a proportion of what?

The amount of personal debt is meaningless if you don’t place it on the context of personal wealth. Debt is something that can on the whole only be afforded by the wealthy. You can’t very easily get credit (for which read debt) of you’re poor. On average people have a personal debt of about £14k, but personal wealth – assets/property/savings of £100k. The vast majority of debt is held by people who can perfectly well afford it. All sounds very prudent to me.

And I expect very few people get into debt on the strength of a nice sit down and a cuppa

Dontcha just love coffee threads on here???????

toby1 – Member
    Coffee – should be reserved for after meals, drunk black, preferrably espresso and ideally no sugar. If you are going to drink something that tastes like dirt at least drink a small stongly flavoured version of it, not a pot of p!ss warm milkly rubbish!

In the politest way possible, please go fornicate with yourself.

I’ll drink what I want, when I want thanks.

😉

hora
    Free Member

Used to be an amazing indie coffee shop a few doors down. Real head-turning ‘brain leap sideways’ when you took in some espresso.

Plus the girls were mint. Remember the last time you saw a cute Barista in costa/nero or starmuck?

*Pret spitalfields manchester excluded

Ha, ha – hora frequents and abreviates ‘Pret’.

*Kicks hora in the stones and runs off*

Watch you don’t trip over your pretentious scarf there luvvy……

😉

hora
    Free Member

Pret is now mcdonalds’s biatch isn’t it??

miketually
    Free Member

The barista who made my last cup of cafe coffee is just finishing up her Ph.D. thesis about coffee.

It was £2 for a mug. (She sells coffee and tea by the mug or cup, because we’re not in Italy.)

juan
    Free Member

In the politest way possible, please go fornicate with yourself.

That would be go and get sexual acquaintances with yourself.

maccruiskeen

The barista who made my last cup of cafe coffee is just finishing up her Ph.D. thesis about coffee.

It was £2 for a mug. (She sells coffee and tea by the mug or cup, because we’re not in Italy.)

Unlike most people studying for a Ph.D at least she won’t be overqualified and unemployable when she’s finished as she can carry on serving coffee, instead of getting a job in Macdonalds like all the others 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

The barista

means **** all,

Hairychested
    Free Member

Americano – water first, espresso on top.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Coffee shop increasing prices…’ is closed to new replies.