Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Coed Y Brenin – which trails?
  • singletracksurfer

2 half days – which Trail(s) need to be done?

Been a little while since i’ve been there.

Thanks.

lynchmob
    Free Member

got to be the beast. hard going but rewarding on the down parts 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

Beast one half day, Penmachno (both loops) the other.

singletracksurfer

Thanks. Yeah thought it would/should be the Beast.

Ah, hadn’t even thought of popping over to Pen. Might have time to do that.

So The Beast (is basically MBR & Dragons back), so that just leaves the Tawr at Coed. Better to go to Afan then yes?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Found the beast pretty dull, lots of fire road dullness. Gomez onwards is good though. Overall think I preferred Tarw.

I’d skip the lot and go straight to Afan.

DT78
    Free Member

asked the same question about 10hrs ago 🙂

I’m looking forward to riding somewhere other than afan….

mrblobby
    Free Member

Penmachno, Betws, Nant yr Arian, Llandegla. Lots to choose from and most better than CyB.

lynchmob
    Free Member

i do llandegla alot & have more fun there than i ever have at coed. but there again im lazy & coed as said you spend alot on fire road uphill which takes the fun out a bit. i may have to giv afan a go myself

pedlad

Thanks. Yeah thought it would/should be the Beast.

Ah, hadn’t even thought of popping over to Pen. Might have time to do that.

So The Beast (is basically MBR & Dragons back), so that just leaves the Tawr at Coed. Better to go to Afan then yes?

Why would you consider going from CYB then to Afan….? It’s miles away!

rondo101
    Free Member

I posted the same question about 3 weeks ago.

We did the Beast on the Sat morning (missing out the pointless fireroad loop to the north east), got some lunch and then did Cyflym Coch in the afternoon. At 7 miles, we could probably have done a couple of loops of this, but we were soaked through & wanted a pint.

Then did Climachx on the sunday before going home. Due to forestry activity lot of the single track on the climb was closed, but the descent was open (and effing brilliant).

If I’d had another day up there I’d have done Penmachno as loads of people have recommended it to me.

emac65
    Free Member

First day – Tarw as a warm up then The Beast or Dragon’s Back,stopping at the half way point cafe for some fine food.Fire road climb is optional,but if you like a trail getting the better of you, leave it out or if you like marvelous views, do it.Next day forget Afan as it miles away,but Nanty,Penmachno & Marin trails are all very good.Llandegla(imho),really isn’t worth the drive to get there….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Coed Y Brenin – which trails?’ is closed to new replies.