Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Coed-y-Brenin – What trail's to do in a weekend question…
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Going for a weekend end of March but never been before

Am reasonably fit so been looking at riding the full beast but i’ve been put off as been told it has loads of fire-road…

Basically my ride preferences are: Will climb all day as long as it’s worth the effort on the way back down.

All advice experiences welcome folks..

Cheers

robhughes
    Free Member

All of them.
    You’ve got all weekend. 🙂

relliott6879
    Free Member

As above. You can do them all in a day if you’re keen, but all of them in a weekend is easily achievable.

cp

As above, them all. Then ride your fave again 🙂

Northwind

Aye, all of ’em. Or as near as damnit anyway. You can cut the top right corner off the Beast, there’s a big pointless fireroad loop that can be shortcutted off. Other’n that, sure it’s fairly hard work but it’s a great ride.

Tarw is IMO just as good, different in style and feel though. And if you’ve got any time left over you can loop up lots of the sections- the first climb and final descents on the Beast make a phenomenal fast loop.

mrbump
    Free Member

beast,draggons back,and mbr are all good. i usually do the draggons back but add on the false teeth section of the mbr. the beast is just the mbr and draggons back together but misses the good dreamtime section out near the start. there is a fair bit of fire road but its such a nice place to ride its still enjoyable. the tarw trail has too much fire road though.

stumpy01

Tarw does have a lot of fireroad….

The Beast is worth doing, but as above, cut the top corner off after the tea shop. It’s just a long out & back fireroad bit. You have to do a steep road climb to miss it, but it’s worth doing that. It’s pretty obvious when you look at the map (top tight of the map, an out & back that can be cut off with a road).

MBR is definitely worth doing.

Even the new Minotaur (blue) as a warm up is worth doing. Nice & swoopy on the way down….

saxabar
    Free Member

Well, yes, the top of the Beast can be cut off. It’s only an extra 10/15 mins around though and some of the vistas are pretty spectacular, particularly when up on top.

Duffer
    Free Member

The Beast is the obvious choice, and it takes in parts of DB and MBR too.

Personally, i hated every minute of Tarw – fireroad descents at a trail centre(!). I realise it was the first trail there, but it doesn’t make it any less shite. Only to be ridden as an absoloute last resort, in my opinion.

tomaso
    Free Member

All of them and then you’ll know which one is best yourself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Coed-y-Brenin – What trail's to do in a weekend question…’ is closed to new replies.