Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Coed y brenin or the Marin trail this Saturday?
  • Kramer
    Free Member

Which one to ride on Saturday driving there and back from Stoke? I've done the Marin before, loved the singletrack, not so hot on the fire road climbing. I've never been to Coed y brenin, it's a bit further to drive. What does the massive suggest?

shinsplints

Go to Coed you'll love it & lots more choice of trails.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Brenin! as above more choice and you'll enjoy it more ..worth the extra few miles (160 miles for me !!)

Kramer
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Drove to Coed y Brenin on Saturday, and got soaked, but loved it. Just did some of the shorter red trails because of the weather, but had a really good time, and will definitely have to go back.

lowey

Why not do Penmachno instead. Far superior to anything at CyB or the marin. IMO

grumm
    Free Member

I preferred CYB to Penmachno I think – not done Marin though.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why not do Penmachno instead. Far superior to anything at CyB or the marin. IMO

Having just ridden Penmachno, I would say it is good, but not as good as CyB. I wanted to try it though as I have done CyB to death. At 18.5 miles for loops one and two, it isn't the longest, but it is very 'peddly' – not too many huge climbs or descents but it certainly pushed me quite hard as I haven't ridden oin nearly a year!

Marin is more like CyB I would say.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Coed y brenin or the Marin trail this Saturday?’ is closed to new replies.